Glasgow Life is the charity responsible for inspiring Glasgow’s citizens and visitors to lead richer and more active lives through culture, sport and learning. We believe in the transformational power of the services we provide for the citizens of and visitors to the City of Glasgow.
As Glasgow Life Activity Officer you will thrive in an environment where no two days are the same. The Activity Officer is responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of the leisure facility, including the financial performance of the Soft play and climbing, catering provision and childrens parties.
To be successful in this role you have the following skills and experience:
• HNC in Leisure Management, Level 3 Supervising food safety in catering, knowledge of HACCP, food preparation training and Barista are desirable, Food safety training will be given
• Previous supervisory experience of working within food hygiene
• Ability to work on a flexible shift pattern (including regular weekend and evening working)
• Proficient literacy and numeracy skills
• Previous experience working within soft play and or climbing centre and delivering birthday parties are desirable
• Fun and flexible approach to the demands of a busy childrens indoor activity centre
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
We offer a range of employee benefits such as an opportunity to join the Strathclyde Pension Fund, generous holiday entitlement, annual leave purchase scheme, staff discounts, flexible retirement, family friendly policies, flu vaccination programme and career break policy.
Membership of the Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme will be essential on taking up appointment.
Only existing employees of Glasgow Life can apply for this vacancy.
Salary for this post will be pro –rata.
Alternative Application Packs can be requested in other formats for example, Large Print, Braille, Audio and other languages. To request an alternative Application Pack please phone 0141 287 1054.
Packs will be posted out to you within 3 working days of receiving your telephone request.
Please note the closing date of the job advert to ensure that you give yourself plenty of time to complete your application form and return it to us.
For further information about working for us please refer to our website https://www.glasgowlife.org.uk/work-with-us