- 38 Albion Street, Glasgow, G1 1LH
- £35,691.10 - £41,850.24 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
Glasgow Life is the charity providing the support, inspiration and opportunity for Glasgow’s citizens to access the services that matter most to them. Working across museums, the arts, music, sport, world-class events, festivals, libraries, community facilities, and physical activity, learning and heritage programmes; the scale and reach of our activity makes a real and positive impact on the lives of Glasgow’s residents and creates unforgettable experiences for our visitors.
We are recruiting a Glasgow Programme Manager - UCI 2023 CWC, to join our 3,000 strong team of dedicated staff and volunteers. You will be responsible developing and managing a programme of events and activity in collaboration with Glasgow Life services, council family and stakeholders to animate the city in the lead up to and during the UCI 2023 Cycling World Championships to maximise the legacy and benefits to the city. The role reports to the Glasgow Strategic Lead, as part of a dedicated team within the Glasgow Life's Events Team, which delivers a number of the city's major annual and one-off cultural and sports events. The responsibilities and deliverables of the role include:
- Support the Strategic Lead and Head of Events in the strategic planning of the Glasgow programme of activity in the lead up to and during UCI 2023 Cycling World Championships
- Responsible for developing and managing the operational and logistical delivery of complex and large-scale indoor and outdoor cultural and sporting activity within the overall programmes
- Robustly manage budgets circa £1m+ .and ensure appropriate budget management systems are in place.
- Line manage and oversee the work of the Glasgow activation project team including legacy and stakeholder engagement.
- Oversee the process of scoping, procuring, contracting and managing suppliers, including freelance contractors.
- Ensure effective relationships with colleagues within Support Services, e.g. Legal, Marketing & Communications, Media, Procurement and Finance.
- Design, plan and deliver complex sports and cultural programmes at city-wide scale.
This post is temporary for a period up to October 2023.
At the end of the temporary period, eligible employees will have a right to return to a role of their substantive grade within the council family as a minimum. Employees are required to inform their current manager prior to submitting an application.
Alternative Application Packs can be requested in other formats for example, Large Print, Braille, Audio and other languages. To request an alternative Application Pack please phone 0141 287 1054.
Packs will be posted out to you within 3 working days of receiving your telephone request.
Please note the closing date of the job advert to ensure that you give yourself plenty of time to complete your application form and return it to us.
For further information about working for us please refer to our website https://www.glasgowlife.org.uk/work-with-us