- 38 Albion Street, Glasgow, G1 1LH
- £29,706.72 - £34,806.76 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
Glasgow Life is the charity providing the support, inspiration and opportunity for Glasgow’s citizens to access the services that matter most to them. Working across museums, the arts, music, sport, world-class events, festivals, libraries, community facilities, and physical activity, learning and heritage programmes; the scale and reach of our activity makes a real and positive impact on the lives of Glasgow’s residents and creates unforgettable experiences for our visitors.
As Marketing Officer you will be part of team who are working to support Glasgow Museums with a focus on the newly reopened Burrell Collection. The museum has been revitalised for existing and new audiences, ensuring that the world-class Collection and its architecturally significant home are safeguarded for the future. The Burrell Collection has been hugely popular with but new and existing audiences since it reopened in March 2022, benefitting from both a redisplay and reinterpretation of the collection, revealing many wonderful and new stories about individual objects.
To be successful in this role you have the following skills and experience:
• Have an understanding of the museum and arts sector, particularly in relation to planning campaigns and developing assets and collateral to motivate and engage relevant audiences
• Be an effective communicator and organiser who can demonstrate delivery of comprehensive marcomms campaigns
• Utilise a range of tactics and platforms to target key audiences in particular digital marketing and comms channels
• Provide support to the wider Burrell project team to help deliver on audience engagement in the local area through marcomms activity
• Work collaboratively with the wider marcomms team to ensure an integrated and effective approach to campaigns
• Work to strict timescales, manage the marketing of a number of varied tasks simultaneously.
• Report to the Marketing Business Partner as necessary on performance and standards related to key objectives
• Monitor and report on the Burrell Marketing budget
• Liaise with internal and external customers and partners establishing effective working relationships
This role will be participate in the department's weekend-working and on-call rota.
We believe in the transformational power of the services we provide for the citizens and visitors of Glasgow, and if you want to be a part of it, we’d love to hear from you. In return we can offer a generous holiday allowance of 29 days (rising to 34 days after 5 years), plus 6.5 public holidays. You will also be eligible to join the Strathclyde pension fund, one of the largest local authority pension providers in the UK. Additional staff benefits include staff discounts, annual leave purchase scheme, flexible retirement and family friendly policies. Glasgow Life seeks to reflect the extraordinary diversity of our city at every level of our organisation and in our programmes. We strongly encourage suitably qualified applications from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join Glasgow Life. To find out more about our commitment to equality and diversity visit https://www.glasgowlife.org.uk/the-small-print/an-inclusive-employe
This post is temporary for a period up to April 2024.
Alternative Application Packs can be requested in other formats for example, Large Print, Braille, Audio and other languages. To request an alternative Application Pack please phone 0141 287 1054.
Packs will be posted out to you within 3 working days of receiving your telephone request.
Please note the closing date of the job advert to ensure that you give yourself plenty of time to complete your application form and return it to us.
For further information about working for us please refer to our website https://www.glasgowlife.org.uk/work-with-us