- 38 Albion Street, Glasgow, G1 1LH
- £29,124.24 - £34,124.27 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
Glasgow Life is the charity providing the support, inspiration and opportunity for Glasgow’s citizens to access the services that matter most to them. Working across museums, the arts, music, sport, world-class events, festivals, libraries, community facilities, and physical activity, learning and heritage programmes; the scale and reach of our activity makes a real and positive impact on the lives of Glasgow’s residents and creates unforgettable experiences for our visitors.
We are recruiting a Procurement Specialist to join our 3,000 strong team of dedicated staff and volunteers. Based in the Procurement Department reporting to the Procurement Manager you will be required to take ownership of a multiple projects at any one time from various categories of spend, including amongst others professional services, facilities and events. You will be responsible for delivering a customer focused and professional service with an emphasis on value for money, end user requirements and environmental, social and economic benefits. Procurement requirements will range from Quick Quotes to EU Procurement. You will be able to deliver target savings, efficiencies and recognise opportunities in order to deliver added value for Glasgow Life. You should have relevant procurement project delivery experience, preferably in the public sector.
To be successful in this role you have the following skills and experience:
• Relevant degree or professional qualification e.g. Membership of Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply
• Deep and current market insight, including current trends and needs
• Able to analyse and use data including market research, spend analysis, market options
• Project planning and an understanding of strategic sourcing, and the requirement to develop strategies for Goods/Services & Works
• An understanding as well as the ability to apply Public Sector Procurement Regulations and procedures.
• Detailed knowledge of Local, National and EU procurement best practice
• Ability to manage competing work priorities and deadlines
• Build relationships with internal and external stakeholders to identify projects and opportunities and to gain their buy in and support
• Ability to manage conflicting interests
• Ability to take decisive judgements in a pressurised environment
• Communicate and negotiate effectively at all levels both verbally and in writing and able to demonstrate an ability to analyse complex issues, assess their business impact and resolve these effectively
• Good communication, influencing and organisational skills. Present issues effectively and clearly at a variety of forums
• Mentor fellow team members and deliver training support when required
We believe in the transformational power of the services we provide for the citizens and visitors of Glasgow, and if you want to be a part of it, we’d love to hear from you.
In return we can offer a generous holiday allowance of 29 days (rising to 34 days after 5 years), plus 6.5 public holidays. You will also be eligible to join the Strathclyde pension fund, one of the largest local authority pension providers in the UK. Additional staff benefits include staff discounts, annual leave purchase scheme, flexible retirement and family friendly policies.
At Glasgow Life we value diversity and inclusion. We are particularly interested in receiving applications from BAME groups who are currently under represented in our organisation.
Alternative Application Packs can be requested in other formats for example, Large Print, Braille, Audio and other languages. To request an alternative Application Pack please phone 0141 287 1054.
Packs will be posted out to you within 3 working days of receiving your telephone request.
Please note the closing date of the job advert to ensure that you give yourself plenty of time to complete your application form and return it to us.
For further information about working for us please refer to our website https://www.glasgowlife.org.uk/work-with-us