- 38 Albion Street, Glasgow, G1 1LH
- £29,706.72 - £34,806.76 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
Glasgow Life is the charity providing the support, inspiration and opportunity for Glasgow’s citizens to access the services that matter most to them. Working across museums, the arts, music, sport, world-class events, festivals, libraries, community facilities, and physical activity, learning and heritage programmes; the scale and reach of our activity makes a real and positive impact on the lives of Glasgow’s residents and creates unforgettable experiences for our visitors.
As the Glasgow Project Manager you will work as part of Glasgow Life’s 2023 UCI Cycling World Championships team with responsibility for events and activation within the city. You will plan and deliver a programme of city activation taking place across the city in the lead up to, during and post the 2023 UCI Cycling World Championships. You will be responsible for co-ordinating the programming calendar for Go Live activity based within the communities of the city; bringing together arts and music, sport, communities and libraries teams within Glasgow to offer content, working with community groups and businesses to ensure representation in the Go Live venues. In addition, you will plan and manage partners organisations to deliver activation projects and legacy in the city.
Your key tasks will include:
• Support the Strategic Lead by performing the role of Project Manager for an assortment of events and activation in the city and principally, on the Go Live 2023 planning and delivery.
• Take responsibility for the management of the agreed budgets to deliver a project of this size and scale
• Ensure the programmes you deliver reach a breadth and depth of content and venues across a variety of settings in the city
• Work with the Safety, Security & Medical and Venue Development & Overlay teams to produce all safety plans, method statements and risk assessments to ensure the safe planning of events
• Work within a multi-agency planning and delivery structure, performing the role of chair at meetings, and represent the company on Groups/Forums as appropriate
• Scope and produce a stakeholder map for the activation and legacy identifying and harnessing key target groups
• Work closely with colleagues in Glasgow Life Sport and wider council family to scope activities that are aligned with legacy objectives in the areas of sport, education and communities
• Chair the Glasgow Legacy working group, managing the agenda and content for meetings.
• Work with the Strategic Lead to identify pre-event evaluation measures to track the legacy impacts of the event.
• Support the team in the development, preparation and coordination of key project management documents including monthly reports, project schedule, work plans and operating plans.
• Populate and manage the agreed Project Management System and documents as requested by the Strategic Lead
• Work closely and cultivate exceptional working relationships with staff within the Council family and external community groups and arts and sports activity providers
To be successful you should have:
- Employment experience in cultural and/or sporting events
-Employment experience of the planning, operational and delivery elements of major events
-Budget management experience
-Ability to communicate across agencies and hierarchies.
-Ability to write reports at a tactical and operational level
At Glasgow Life we value diversity and inclusion. We are particularly interested in receiving applications from BAME groups who are currently under represented in our organisation.
This post is temporary for a period up to the end of December 2023.
Alternative Application Packs can be requested in other formats for example, Large Print, Braille, Audio and other languages. To request an alternative Application Pack please phone 0141 287 1054.
Packs will be posted out to you within 3 working days of receiving your telephone request.
Please note the closing date of the job advert to ensure that you give yourself plenty of time to complete your application form and return it to us.
For further information about working for us please refer to our website https://www.glasgowlife.org.uk/work-with-us