Glasgow Life is the charity providing the support, inspiration and opportunity for Glasgow’s citizens to access the services that matter most to them. Working across museums, the arts, music, sport, world-class events, festivals, libraries, community facilities, and physical activity, learning and heritage programmes; the scale and reach of our activity makes a real and positive impact on the lives of Glasgow’s residents and creates unforgettable experiences for our visitors.
We are recruiting a Senior Health and Safety Advisor to join our 3,000 strong team of dedicated staff and volunteers. Based in the Infrastructure Support Service and reporting to the Health and Safety Manager you will assist in the development, promotion and implementation of the health and safety management framework across the organisation. You will be responsible for developing, promoting and advising on Health and Safety Policies, risk assessments, incident reporting and investigation, auditing of the health and safety management framework and the analysis of health and safety trends across the organisation. You will be able to communicate, influence and engage with all levels of management and stakeholders. You should have relevant post qualifying experience and the practical application of health and safety in a multi-disciplinary organisation.
To be successful in this role you should have the following skills and experience:-
• Relevant degree or professional qualification e.g. NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent, and ideally Chartered Membership of the Institute of Safety and Health
• Subject matter expert on event health and safety legislation and regulation
• Experience of implementing health and safety management systems including the development of policies, guidance and auditing
• Excellent relationship management skills across all levels
• Excellent influencing skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• The ability to create informative and accurate reports
• Competent user of Microsoft packages including Word, Excel, Outlook etc
• Portrays health and safety in a ‘can do’ sensible and proportionate manner
• Highly resilient, able to work under pressure to deadlines and adapt to changing circumstances
• Always looking for ways to improve individual and team performance
• Ability to inspire and motivate others
• Working with Trade Unions
A valid driving licence is required for this position.
Please note this is a re advertisement and previous applicants should re-apply.
At Glasgow Life we believe in the transformational power of the services we provide for the citizens of and visitors to the City of Glasgow. Glasgow Life has a lot to look forward to with the games and festivals of the 2018 European Championships and has a significant role to play in ensuring Glasgow retains its position as the world's 5th sporting city following the "Best Ever" Commonwealth Games. We operate 160 venues across Glasgow including Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, the Emirates Arena, Mitchell Library and the Glasgow Royal Concert Hall. In addition we are proud to be responsible for Celtic Connections, the Glasgow Club and the City’s 32 local libraries.
Glasgow Life services are the top performing services delivered by or on behalf of Glasgow City Council. Three of the top four scores for satisfaction are achieved by our services, including Museums and Art Galleries, Libraries and Sport and Leisure Facilities. None of this would have been achieved without the considerable strength of our workforce – building on our commitment to make Glasgow a successful and vibrant city.
Alternative Application Packs can be requested in other formats for example, Large Print, Braille, Audio and other languages. To request an alternative Application Pack please phone 0141 287 1054.
Packs will be posted out to you within 3 working days of receiving your telephone request.
Please note the closing date of the job advert to ensure that you give yourself plenty of time to complete your application form and return it to us.
For further information about working for us please refer to our website https://www.glasgowlife.org.uk/work-with-us