Horizons is an Employability Programme funded through the Young Persons Guarantee. It is designed to help unemployed 16–24-year-olds, living within Glasgow City Boundaries, to gain valuable work experience. This role is a 6-month placement in which you will receive mentoring from Jobs and Business Glasgow, 2 x Industry Specific Training Courses and up to 25 hours of work experience per week, paid at Glasgow Living Wage.
To be eligible you must be –
- Aged 16-24
- Have the right to work in the UK
- Living within Glasgow City Council Boundaries
AND must be in one of the following groups:
- About to leave school without a positive destination
- School leaver without a positive destination
- In low paid employment
- At risk of redundancy
- At risk of losing an apprenticeship
- Leaving training, volunteering, college or university without a positive destination
- Low Skilled
- Without qualifications at SCQF 5 or above
Neighbourhoods, Regeneration and Sustainability (NRS) provide a range of services to the citizens of Glasgow to ensure our city is clean and safe. As a Promotions and Engagement Assistant, you will help ensure that we communicate effectively with our employees within the service. Assisting with marketing, engagement and promotional campaigns and a range of multimedia work.
Strong customer service skills, previous experience of using Microsoft office packages and the ability to multitask and take direction is vital.
Mainly office based, this opportunity will be ideally suited for a candidate who has an interest in marketing, communications and multimedia work.
Each day will be different. You may be involved in meetings around how we communicate key recycling messages to the citizens of Glasgow, promote an event within our workplaces, encourage colleagues to contribute to our staff newsletter or on location, assisting in capturing images of our parks and greenspace or simply responding to requests from colleagues internally around how best to get a message out
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• To assist in collating and co-ordinating internal communications to staff
• Attend meetings and assist with promotion, marketing and engagement projects.
• Assist on location throughout the city with filming and photography requests by setting up equipment or prepping locations under the direction of a council officer.
• Answering e-mails, telephone calls and directing enquiries to the appropriate officer.
• Attend and participate in team meetings
Alternative Application Packs can be requested in other formats for example, Large Print, Braille, Audio and other languages. To request an alternative Application Pack please phone 0141 287 1054. Packs will be posted out to you within 3 working days of receiving your telephone request. Please note the closing date of the job advert to ensure that you give yourself plenty of time to complete your application form and return it to us.
For further information about working for us please refer to our website Working for us