Swimming Teacher (Various Hours available)Favourite
|Closes:||Sunday, 25th March 2018|
|Published:||Monday, 12th March 2018|
|Location:||Various locations throughout the City|
|Salary:||£16,458.24 - £17,948.15 per year Pro Rata|
|Position Type:||Full Time & Part Time|
|Category:||Sport / Culture / Library|
Are you an Enthusiastic and Highly Motivated Swimming Teacher?
Then Glasgow Sport is currently looking to recruit YOU for our exciting new swim programme!
If you want to make swimming teaching your career, we believe our programme is right for you to develop and progress in our fast paced and expanding programme. We are currently recruiting the following posts:
• Part Time (between 4-20hrs per week) evening and weekend cover required
• Bank Staff (no set weekly hours; flexible to cover the programme)
With a range of twelve fantastic swimming venues across the city, including Tollcross International Swimming Centre; you will become part of a growing team of Teachers delivering high quality swimming lessons across Glasgow.
Our lessons include an Early Years Programme, comprehensive Learn to Swim Programme and Adult Programme utilising the new Scottish Swimming Framework. We are also developing an innovative and exciting new range of classes for competent Teenage Swimmers and Adults.
As a large organisation, delivering a wide range of lessons throughout the week we can offer flexible working options and offer shift patterns with varying hours and work days. This is perfect for those with existing commitments, or those who are looking to make swimming their career.
We are looking for motivated Swimming Teacher who hold a UKCC Level 1 or Level 2 Teaching Aquatics qualification (or equivalent) and have experience with teaching children. Once recruited, we offer ongoing training opportunities to further develop you as a teacher through our programme of CPD. Through our expanding Learn to Swim programme we offer our swimming staff the opportunity to develop and progress through our current staffing structure which includes; Swimming Teachers, Lead Swimming Teachers and Swimming Co-ordinators.
Additional Benefits include:
• Paid PVG on appointment
• Coaching uniform supplied to all employees
• Opportunity to gain Scottish Swimming Teachers Licence
• Annual Leave; 29 days, increasing to 34 days once you have completed 5 years service, plus public holiday allowance. Designated leave period (2 weeks) during Christmas and New Year (deducted from leave total)
• Free annual flu jab for all employees
• 30% discount to membership at the Glasgow Club - Scotland's largest health and fitness club
• 30% discount to all Glasgow Life Golf Courses
• 30% discount on casual swimming
• 25% discount at all Glasgow Museum shops
• Competitions throughout the year for free tickets for our full range of events, including: World Pipe Band Championship, Gymnastics and Glasgow Royal Concert Hall
• Preferential discounts at a range of Glasgow Life events and activities, including 2 for 1 Ticket Offers for a range of concerts, exhibitions and events
• Up to 52 weeks maternity or adoption leave
• Opportunity to join Childcare voucher scheme and Credit Union
So why not join us here at Glasgow Sport and be part of our exciting new Learn to Swim Team?
Alternative Application Packs can be requested in other formats for example, Large Print, Braille, Audio and other languages. To request an alternative Application Pack please phone 0141 287 1054.
Packs will be posted out to you within 3 working days of receiving your telephone request.
Please note the closing date of the job advert to ensure that you give yourself plenty of time to complete your application form and return it to us.
For further information about working for us please refer to our website Working for us