- Greenhill Depot, Tore, IV6 7SG
- £19,047 - £26,455 per year
- Contract Type:
- Fixed Term
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
This position has expired.
Post Title: Arborist (Modern Apprenticeship)
Hours: 37 Hours per Week
Duration: Fixed Term - 18 Months
Salary: HC01 £19,047- HC05 £26,455 p.a
Salary placing will normally be at the first point of the scale.
Contact Person: Mick Haymer, Tel:07789 922914
Job Purpose: It will involve working as part of a small team carrying out all aspects of tree works and other grounds maintenance duties to a reliably high standard.
Please APPLY ONLINE. If you are unable to apply online and you wish to request an offline application pack, please contact Business Support, T: 01955 608279 (24 hour voicemail) quoting post the reference number above.
Please find the Job Description below.
Shortlisted applicants will normally be contacted by e-mail, unless otherwise stated. Please check your e-mails regularly, including your junk/spam folder.
- A current full driving licence is essential
- During the Apprenticeship you will undertake the following qualification:
SVQ in Trees and Timber at SCQF level 5
And furthering training in :
- Chainsaw maintenance & fell and process small trees NPTC 201,202,&203
- Fell and process trees over 380mm NPTC 301
- Tree climbing and aerial rescue NPTC 206 & 306
- Chainsaw use from rope & harness NPTC 308
- Windblown trees NPTC 302
- Use of wood chippers (Lantra)
- Use of stump grinders
- Basic tree inspection (Lantra)