- Caithness Area Office, Market Place, Wick, KW1 4AB
- £33,072 - £40,736 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37.5 hours per year
This position has expired.
Post Title: Speech and Language Therapy Services Band 6
Location: Caithness / Sutherland / Mid
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £33,072 - £40,736 p.a.
Salary placing will normally be at the first point of the scale.
Contact Person: Ruth Deplacido Tel: 07786 155394
An opportunity has become available to join our team of Speech and Language Therapists working with and for children and young people and their families in North Highland. This band 6 post will have direct clinical work in the areas of Caithness and also parts of Mid and Sutherland, as well as embracing the new ways of connecting remotely with our team, across North Highland.
In accordance with national, Highland Council (HC) and NHS Highland policies and guidelines the post holder takes a lead role in assessment, treatment and management of children and young people with speech/language/communication impairment area in schools and pre-school facilities, clients own homes and out-patient clinics.
- To participate in audit/research/service development.
- To provide training to other professionals, students and carers.
- To supervise the work of support workers and students.
- Work collaboratively, to take part in early intervention/prevention work in these areas.
Full time, job share, and part-time working will be considered for this post.
Please APPLY ONLINE. If you are unable to apply online and you wish to request an offline application pack, please contact Business Support, T: 01955 608279 (24 hour voicemail) quoting post the reference number above.
Please find the Job Description below.
- Recognised Speech and Language Therapy Degree Qualification or equivalent.
- Licence to practice as a Speech and Language Therapist as issued by the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists (RCSLT).
- Registration with the Health and Care Professions Council.
- Maintain up to date HCPC and RCSLT registration