- Location: Municipal Buildings, Clyde Square, PA15 1LY
- Salary: £36,365.00 - £42,210.00 per year
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
Environmental Health Officer (Perm)* REF: ERR/05037
Salary: £36,365 - £42,210
Location: Municipal Buildings, Greenock
Hours: 37 hours per week
*Applications are invited from qualified Environmental Health Officers for the Permanent Grade 8/9 post of Environmental Health Officer, however, applications will also be considered from graduates or those soon to graduate from a Royal Environmental Health Institute of Scotland (REHIS) accredited degree course who are currently undertaking practical training or are seeking to undertake practical training in order to complete the REHIS Diploma in Environmental Health. The temporary Assistant Environmental Health officer post holder will be employed at Grade 6 (£28,764 - £31,407) and will be expected to fulfil the duties outlined in the job description whilst undertaking the training.
Important Applicant Information:
- Inverclyde Council is an accredited Living Wage Employer paying the Living Wage Rate where required. Please click the link to `Essential Applicant Information’ below for more information.
- Please note that if you apply via this website it is important that you regularly check your emails following your application submission. All further communication regarding your application, including any invite to interview and, if relevant, details of any formal offer/contract, will be done by email.
You should ensure that your email is set up to receive emails from MYJOBSCOTLAND and Inverclyde Council, and that they are not filtered into any JUNK/SPAM folders.
- Please read the Essential Applicant Information details prior to submitting your application.
- Interviews for non-teaching posts with Inverclyde Council will be based on the Councils' competency model which is reflected in our performance appraisal scheme. Details of this can be found at the link below and clicking the Performance Overview document on the left hand side:
Vetting by Disclosure Scotland
If you work in regulated work (children and/or protected adults) you will be subject to obtaining a satisfactory PVG. A small number of posts require a Standard Disclosure and the majority of all other posts will be subject to a Basic Disclosure. All disclosure checks are obtained via Disclosure Scotland. If you are the successful candidate you will be required to pay the cost of the disclosure check/s required for your post.
If your post requires registration with a Regulatory Body such as HCPC or SSSC etc. You are required to obtain and maintain registration including paying any fees.
If you are unable to apply using this website, and require further assistance, please contact the HR Recruitment Team on 01475 712740.
Inverclyde Council - Best Government Services Employer in the UK 2016 – Bloomberg Business Best Employer Awards 2016
Armed Forces Personnel/Reservists
Inverclyde Council welcomes applications from former armed forces personnel / reservists. Many of the skills picked up during your military career could be transferred directly into a role with local government.
Inverclyde Council is a Disability Confident Employer