- St Lukes RC Primary School Stone Avenue, EH22 5PB
- £59,850 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
Head Teacher - St Luke's RC Primary School
This is an exciting opportunity for a creative problem-solver and an exceptional, inspiring and experienced individual.
The main priorities are to:
• Provide professional and systems leadership for St Lukes RC Primary School, promoting the highest possible standards in order to maximise the levels of achievement for all pupils in a caring and enriching environment;
• Build on the shared vision and ethos of the school and continue to think creatively to push the possibilities of the educational provision in order to maximise potential for all our community;
• Build positive relationships with all members of the school community, showing positive attitudes to them and building strong relationships.
What we are seeking in our next leader is someone who:
• is highly motivated and dynamic with an excellent track record in school management either as an existing Head Teacher or an experienced and aspiring leader who is working towards the Into Headship qualification;
• is able to communicate a clear vision, set the direction for the school, consolidate and build on current successes;
• has strong interpersonal skills, has a collaborative leadership style, empowers staff and builds effective teams; and
• is passionate about making a difference to the lives of children. Membership of the Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme will be essential on taking up appointment along with GTCS Registration.
Applicants must seek Catholic Church approval when submitting their application for this post. Forms can be obtained at www.sces.uk.com/approval.html
Interview date is still to be confirmed.
Pre Employment Checks/Requirements for Teaching Positions
If you are successful, our offer of employment will be conditional on satisfactory completion of pre-employment requirements, such as medical screening, two written references, one which must be from your most recent/current employer, verification of your original qualifications and your eligibility to work in the United Kingdom. Registration with the General Teaching Council and a satisfactory PVG check for Regulated Work with Children will also be essential.
General Teaching Council Scotland
Teachers applying for permanent posts should be fully registered with the General Teaching Council Scotland (GTCS). For further information on registration please visit: www.gtcs.org.uk
Regulated Work with Children
This post is considered Regulated Work with Children, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007. Therefore, it is an offence to apply if you are barred from working with children.
Successful candidates will require a PVG Scheme membership for Regulated Work with Children. You will be required to join the Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check prior to commencing employment with Midlothian Council, the cost of which will be met by you. The fee for a Full PVG Scheme Membership is £59. You will be required to re-pay this amount to the Council by salary deduction over 6 consecutive pay periods. The fee for a PVG Scheme Record Update is £18. You will be required to re-pay this amount to the Council by salary deduction over 2 consecutive pay periods. If your employment concludes before the amount is re-paid in full, the outstanding balance will be deducted from your final salary. If you are an existing employee the Council will pay the cost of the Application Fee.
In your application we ask for information under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. We ask you to disclose any unspent convictions. Disclosures should be made by writing to or emailing the Employment and Reward Manager, in confidence, giving details of the offence(s), penalty and date(s) of conviction. Applicants should note that failure to disclose a conviction which is subsequently advised through a Disclosure Scotland check may result in the withdrawal of any offer of appointment.
Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar an applicant from working with Midlothian. Decisions regarding suitability for positions of trust which are subject to vetting will be dependent on the nature of the position, together with the circumstances and background of the offence(s).
For further information on the PVG Scheme please visit: www.disclosurescotland.co.uk
How to apply
Please apply on-line. Facilities are available at all public libraries in Midlothian.
If you have difficulty applying for this post or in accessing the attached documents, or if you have a disability and reasonable adjustment is required, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to speak to a member of the Recruitment Team stating the post reference number.
Thursday 24th March 2022