Service Desk – Support TechnicianFavourite
|Closes:||Tuesday, 6th March 2018|
|Published:||Monday, 19th February 2018|
|Location:||Midlothian House 40-46 Buccleuch Street|
|Salary:||£20,494.22 - £21,414.67 per year Pro Rata|
|Hours:||36.00 hours per week|
|Contract Type:||Fixed Term|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Category:||IT / Telecommunications|
You will be a member of the Service Desk team within Digital Services, you will be the first point of contact providing 1st Line support and fault resolution to our Customer base; this will be across Corporate and Education environments. You will offer the very highest levels of service across a range of Services and will be expected to contribute to the delivery of an excellent ICT support service.
- Are you are looking for your first step into Information Technology support?
- Are you Customer focused and like to get things done?
- Are you innovative and enjoy working and supporting new technology solutions then you could be exactly what we are looking for.
- You will be actively involved in meeting the Customers and resolving technical problems, working in an exciting, dynamic and changing environment.
- The successful applicant will be supported and developed in line with the changing demands of the organisation.
Knowledge, Experience and Skill Set Required
- You must hold a Scottish National Certificate (SNC) in Information Technology or similar qualification or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience in Windows desktop technologies working in an ICT support role.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Windows 7 and Windows 10.
- The basics of Active Directory in a Microsoft Windows environment, e.g. user creation and management.
- A Working knowledge of ITIL process and procedures (ITIL certification would be an advantage).
- Excellent customer care and communication skills.
- It is essential that you have a full driving license.
What you will get in return
- Along with a competitive salary, you will have the opportunity to work in an exciting and dynamic environment.
- Flexible working hours
- Generous annual leave and public holiday entitlement
- Access to the Local Government Pension scheme
- Excellent career development and training opportunitiesThe post is considered Regulated Work with Children under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007. Therefore, it is an offence to apply if you are barred from working with children.For further information on the PVG Scheme please visit www.disclosureswcotland.gov.uk
- Successful candidates will require PVG Scheme membership for Regulated work with Children. You will be required to join the Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check prior to commencing employment with Midlothian Council, the cost of which will be met by you.
Position Title: Service Desk – Support Technician
Location: Midlothian House
Contract Status: Fixed Term 1 Year
Hours of Work: 36
Working Pattern: Mon – Fri
Weeks per year: 52
Please note that it is Midlothian Councils policy that successful applicants will be appointed to the first point on the salary scale.
Based on you working 36 hours over 52 weeks per year the minimum actual salary for this position is £20,494.22 per annum.
CLOSING DATE – Tuesday 6 March 2018
INTERVIEW DATE- Thursday 29 March 2018
Compliance with the mandatory Cabinet Office PSN (Public Sector Network) Code of Connection requires the Council to meet a baseline personal security standard. This requires completion of a disclosure check for all employees who can access official information. The fee for this PSN Disclosure check will be met by the council.
Midlothian Council is currently undergoing a period of transformation, changing and improving the way it delivers services in Midlothian. As a consequence, there are a number of existing employees for whom we are committed to seeking suitable alternative employment within the Council in accordance with our legal obligations. Candidates are advised that, for some vacancies, internal candidates in this situation will be interviewed before the wider selection pool and a slightly longer delay may be experienced before application outcomes can be advised to you. Thank you for your patience in this matter.