Service Desk - Technician x 2Favourite
|Closes:||Tuesday, 6th March 2018|
|Published:||Monday, 19th February 2018|
|Location:||Midlothian House 40-46 Buccleuch Street|
|Salary:||£22,015 - £24,025 per year|
|Hours:||36.00 hours per week|
|Contract Type:||Fixed Term|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Category:||IT / Telecommunications|
You will be a member of the Service Desk team within Digital Services, providing onsite and remote user technical support in both Corporate and Education environments. You will offer the very highest levels of service as well as strong technical expertise across a range of Services. You will contribute to delivering a first class Customer IT support service.
- Are you an experienced Service desk technician, looking for a new challenge?
- Are you Customer focused and like to get things done?
- Are you innovative and enjoy working and supporting new technology solutions then you could be exactly what we are looking for.
- You will be actively involved in meeting the Customers and resolving technical problems, working in an exciting, dynamic and changing environment.
- Your goal will be to help develop and improve Digital Services – Service desk function across the Organisation, working alongside a strong team of technical specialists. This is a challenging but rewarding role.
Knowledge, Experience and skill set required
- You must have an HNC in Information Technology or at least 2 years equivalent experience in an IT support role.
- A strong knowledge of Windows 7 and Windows 10, Active Directory, Exchange, SCCM and mobile technologies.
- Superb desktop and laptop hardware break fix knowledge and fault finding.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- A Working knowledge of ITIL process and procedures (ITIL certification would be an advantage).
- Excellent customer care and communication skills.
- It is essential that you have a full driving license.
What you will get in return
- Along with a competitive salary, you will have the opportunity to work in an exciting and dynamic environment.
- Flexible working hours
- Generous annual leave and public holiday entitlement
- Access to the Local Government Pension scheme
- Excellent career development and training opportunitiesThe post is considered Regulated Work with Children under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007. Therefore, it is an offence to apply if you are barred from working with children.For further information on the PVG Scheme please visit www.disclosureswcotland.gov.uk
- Successful candidates will require PVG Scheme membership for Regulated work with Children. You will be required to join the Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check prior to commencing employment with Midlothian Council, the cost of which will be met by you.
Position Title: Service Desk – Technician x 2
Location: Midlothian House
Contract Status: Fixed Term 1 Year
Hours of Work: 36
Working Pattern: Mon – Fri
Weeks per year: 52
Please note that it is Midlothian Council's policy that successful applicants will be appointed to the first point on the salary scale.
Based on you working 36 hours over 52 weeks per year the minimum actual salary for this position is £22,015.79 per annum.
CLOSING DATE - Tuesday 6 March 2018
INTERVIEW DATE - Thursday 29 March 2018
Compliance with the mandatory Cabinet Office PSN (Public Sector Network) Code of Connection requires the Council to meet a baseline personal security standard. This requires completion of a disclosure check for all employees who can access official information. The fee for this PSN Disclosure check will be met by the council.
Midlothian Council is currently undergoing a period of transformation, changing and improving the way it delivers services in Midlothian. As a consequence, there are a number of existing employees for whom we are committed to seeking suitable alternative employment within the Council in accordance with our legal obligations. Candidates are advised that, for some vacancies, internal candidates in this situation will be interviewed before the wider selection pool and a slightly longer delay may be experienced before application outcomes can be advised to you. Thank you for your patience in this matter.