- Midlothian Children's Services, 7 Eskdaill Court, Dalkeith, Midlothian, EH22 1AG
- £40,316 - £44,092 per year
- Contract Type:
- Fixed Term
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36 hours per week
This position has expired.
- A Diploma or degree in Social Work;
- A post-graduate qualification in management to HNC level or equivalent, or a commitment by the post holder to undertake training to the required level within an agreed timescale. This training will be supported by Midlothian Council;
- Experience of managing a team delivering a professional service to identified client groups.
- Experience of managing a team delivering social work services for children and families;
- Post-qualification award in child welfare and protection, practice teaching, mental health, criminal justice, or SVQ assessor.
Whereas a drivers licence is not an essential requirement for the role, the ability to drive may help the jobholder in their day to day activities
CLOSING DATE Sunday 09/10/22
INTERVIEW DATE Monday 17/10/2022
Position Title: Team Leader
Position Number: 3729
Directorate: Children, Young People and Partnerships
Location: Midlothian Children and Families Centre
Contract Status: Fixed term until 31 September 2024
Hours of Work: 36 hours
Working Pattern: Fixed
Weeks per year: 52
Please note that it is Midlothian Councils policy that successful applicants will be appointed to the first point on the salary scale.
Based on you working 36 hours over 52 weeks per year the minimum actual salary for this position is £40,316.88 per annum.
This post is considered Regulated Work with Children under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007. Therefore, it is an offence to apply if you are barred from working with children.
Successful candidates will require PVG Scheme membership for Regulated Work with Children, You will be required to join the Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check prior to commencing employment with Midlothian Council, the cost of which will be met by you. For further information on the PVG Scheme please visit www.disclosurescotland.gov.uk
If you have difficulty applying for this post or accessing attached documents, or if you have a disability and reasonable adjustment is required, please call 0131 271 3063 to speak to a member of the Recruitment Team stating the post reference number.
Midlothian Council is currently undergoing a period of transformation, changing and improving the way it delivers services in Midlothian. As a consequence, there are a number of existing employees for whom we are committed to seeking suitable alternative employment within the Council in accordance with our legal obligations. Candidates are advised that, for some vacancies, internal candidates in this situation will be interviewed before the wider selection pool and a slightly longer delay may be experienced before application outcomes can be advised to you. Thank you for your patience in this matter.