- East End School Institution Road Elgin Moray, IV30 1RP
- £22,222.20 - £22,722.44 per year pro rata
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Term Time Part Time
- 10 hours per week
Assist teaching staff in providing a supportive and positive learning experience for children with additional support needs, assisting them with their personal needs and promoting their independence.
Support Learning and Teaching Activities.
Provide support to children and young people with additional support needs.
Attend to the personal care and health including the medical needs of pupils with additional support needs and assist in maintaining a safe, healthy and hygienic environment.
Support pupils with their mobility needs.
• Experience of working with children & young adults of school age in a caring and supportive environment.
• Educated to ‘standard’ level or equivalent and a demonstrable understanding of English and Arithmetic.
• Ability to observe professional confidentiality and implement sound judgement.
• Ability to use initiative.
• Ability to communicate at all levels.
• Ability to work under guidance and direction of teaching staff.
• Ability to assist young people with special educational needs in personal/medical care.
• Ability to express a patient and non-confrontational approach when dealing with children and young people who display challenging behaviour.
• Ability to demonstrate empathy and tolerance and to respond positively to a variety of additional support needs.
• Ability and commitment to undertake further training /development as required.
• Rapport with children/young adults.
• Flexible and adaptable to the changing needs of the Service.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Effective interpersonal skills and organisational skills.
• Ability to work under pressure in a demanding environment.
• Able to assist in and carry out certain lifting tasks associated with the care of dependant young people.
Temporary until 22 December 2023
Closing Date: 6 October 2023
Starting Salary: £22,222.20 (pro rata)
£11.55 per hour
10 hours per week (term time only)
For further information contact: East End Primary, tel 01343 542381, email email@example.com