Senior Nursery Nurse (Temporary)(MOR02517)Favourite
|Closes:||Friday, 22nd September 2017|
|Published:||Friday, 8th September 2017|
|Location:||Pilmuir School Pilmuir Road Forres Moray|
|Salary:||£25,221 - £27,521 per year Pro Rata|
|Hours:||17.50 hours per week|
|Position Type:||Term Time Part Time|
Direct an early years team contributing to the education and care of children under the management of the Head Teacher.
- To direct and support the planning and implementation of a curriculum programme which meets the needs of the individual child in accordance with national and local standards.
- To direct and participate in the observation and integration of children in order to support their learning and record and report on the individual child's progress in accordance with Council policy and procedures.
- To direct and participate in the delivery of an effective early years service.
- To direct and participate in all aspects of team work within the unit.
- Keep abreast of early year's local and national developments.
- To direct and participate as appropriate in all aspects of care which meet the needs of the individual child in accordance with the Council's duty of care.
- To undertake appropriate supervisory responsibilities.
- Experience of working with pre-school children aged between 3 and 5 years old.
- Knowledge of: A Curriculum Framework for Children 3 to 5; The Child at the Centre; National Care Standards Early Education and Childcare up to the age of 16.
- NNEB, SNNB, HNC (Childcare and Education Certificate), SVQ 3 Early Years Care and Education or equivalent.
- SSSC Registered.
- Effective organisational skills.
- Self confidence.
- Ability to motivate and lead a small team.
- Ability to prioritise.
- Effective oral and written communication with line manager, parents, children and support agencies.
- Ability to present written information eg reports, in a clear, consistent form.
- Appreciation, acceptance of and commitment to the importance of confidentiality.
- Ability to listen to others.
- Encourage other team members to contribute to the work of the group, eg in planning.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to remain calm.
- Ability to be actively involved with the children in all aspects of their pre-school experience, eg play ring games.
- Ability to work flexibly to meet the needs and demands of the service.
TEMPORARY UNTIL 29 JUNE 2018
Closing Date: 22 September 2017
Starting Salary: £25,221 (pro rata)
£13.38 per hour
17.5 Hours per week (term time only)
Proposed Interview Date: 5 October 2017
For further information contact: Pilmuir Primary, 01309 673034