- Location: 11 North Guildry Street, Elgin, IV30 1JR
- Salary: £41,847.00 - £45,805.00 per year
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 36.25 hours per week
This position has expired.
To assist the Team Manager in the development and delivery of an effective Criminal Justice Service.
To provide effective management of staff and their professional practice
To work in partnership with other services provided to Criminal Justice Service uses either internally or externally to the council.
To keep up to date with changes in legislation, statutory guidance and developments in theory and practice.
- To be responsible for the management and professional practice of criminal justice staff, including allocation of work, chairing reviews and other meetings.
- In the context of 3.1 assume responsibility for the professional development & training of criminal justice social workers, support workers, senior task supervisor and task supervisors.
- Co-work cases with colleagues as required and be responsible for ‘absent colleagues’ management of allocated cases.
- In consultation with the Team Manager and others, play a defined role in the development, monitoring and evaluation of services, including co-ordination and collaboration with other agencies particularly at a local level.
- To directly deliver group work and individual interventions as appropriate for effective sustainable service delivery.
- Work with individuals open to criminal justice services and their families on a casework basis in accordance with assessments of risks and needs.
- Significant post qualifying experience in social work including Criminal Justice
- Demonstrable ability to work effectively in a multiagency environment.
- Experience of undertaking risk and needs assessments and working with case management plans.
- The postholder must have a qualification to practice Social Work and be currently registered with the SSSC
- Knowledge of National Outcomes and Standards for Social Work Services in the Criminal Justice System
- Knowledge of people who offend and their diverse needs.
- Strong sense of Social Work professional identity.
- Effective presentation, organisational, time-management, written and communication skills.
- Commitment to quality.
- Clear thinking and demonstrable analytic abilities.
- Able to work within budgetary constraints.
- Self-confident and self-motivated
- Ability to manage and supervise staff.
- Ability to motivate, support, challenges and work effectively with colleagues and clients.
- Demonstrable ability for co-working.
- Ability to show flexibility in approach to the professional task.
- Sound knowledge of social work theory and research and an ability to relate this to practice
- promote the development of informed practice.
- Ability to take a lead role while empowering colleagues in delivering service.
- Ability to multitask
- Assess need, plan and negotiate on a multiagency basis.
- Effectively utilise financial and human resources.
- You will be expected to travel efficiently and effectively between various work locations within Moray to meet the operational requirements of the Service. Due to the rural nature of Moray this is normally undertaken by use of a pool car/van
- Appreciation, acceptance of and a commitment of the importance of confidentiality.
- A commitment to non-discriminatory practice.
- Capacity to manage change.
- Capacity to make decisions under pressure.
- Ability to lead and gain the confidence of staff and form a productive working relationship with staff.
- Willingness to accept direction/delegation
- Ability to work flexibly to meet the needs and demands of the service.
- Ability to work in an open plan office
- Ability to work in different offices dependent on service requirements
- The capacity to handle stressful situations.
Re-advert of MOR05103
Closing Date: 6 November 2020
Starting Salary: £41,847
£22.20 per hour
36.25 hours per week
Proposed interview date: 18 November 2020
For further information contact: Tish Richford, Justice Service Manager, 01343 557200 or 07800 670635