- Council Headquarters High Street Elgin Moray, IV30 1BX
- £36,644 - £40,659 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36.25 hours per week
This position has expired.
To ensure children and young people are given the best possible care through the provision of high quality adoption, foster and kinship care placements.
Assist in the delivery, development and management of a range of alternative family carers' placements for children and young persons, including Fostering, Kinship and Adoption.
To contribute to the transformational change of services to children and their families in Moray through the implementation of The Promise.
Provide robust assessment and undertake reviews of providers of alternative family care for children and young people.
Establish, maintain and develop support systems, including individual support plans for providers of alternative family care.
Assist colleagues in identifying suitable placements for children and young persons requiring alternative family care.
Assist in the identification, planning and delivery of training for alternative family care providers.
Work as a member of a small team, and work collaboratively with team around the child. Working in partnership with birth parents, foster and kinship carers and adoptive parents.
Undertake appropriate administrative tasks relating to the provision of safe, accountable services, including maintenance of electronic recording systems.
Engage in appropriate supervision and be committed to improvement and undertake suitable training and development relevant to the role.
Be committed to recruiting and retaining foster carers and potential adopters who are aligned with our ambitions to provide the best possible support to enhance the lives of children and young people.
Be willing to work regularly outside of normal office hours, offering the flexibility required of supporting alternative care providers. This is not a 9-5 job.
- Significant experience within child care/child protection setting, including participation in meetings associated with children who are looked after.
- Good analytical assessment and report writing skills
- Experience in multi-agency collaborative work with other disciplines
- Good working knowledge of The Scottish Government’s Independent Care Review; The Promise
- A Degree / CQSW/ Diploma in Social Work and SSSC Registration.
- A comprehensive working knowledge of relevant legislation and child protection procedures, including those associated with adoption, kinship and foster care.
- Strong knowledge and experience working with attachment theory and impact of early trauma and neglect.
- Commitment to delivering the principles of The Promise and Health and Social Care standards
- Good communication and mediation skills, and ability to advocate.
- Capacity to manage change and work creatively
- An expansive professional outlook
- Self-confident and self-motivated
- Significant knowledge of the needs of children with disrupted lives.
- Capacity to supervise and support carers in meeting children’s needs.
- Support carers’ personal and professional development.
- Ability to challenge practice appropriately.
- Ability to contribute to service development and the delivery of quality services.
- Capacity to work under pressure and prioritise demands
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- You will be expected to travel efficiently and effectively between various work locations within Moray to meet the operational requirements of the Service. Due to the rural nature of Moray this is normally undertaken by way of a car/van.
- Effective communication skills, presentation and negotiation skills
- Ability to contribute to service development and operational change.
- Resilient and relational approach.
- Ability to form productive and positive working relationships
- Practice approach of honesty, transparency and integrity
- Appreciation, acceptance and a commitment to the importance of confidentiality
- Willingness to work outside office hours on a regular basis
- Ability to work with Covid- safe regulations and employer requirements
- Ability to work in different offices dependent on service/ health and safety requirements
- Ability to work in an open plan/share office or from home
Closing Date: 17 September 2021
Starting Salary: £36,644
£19.44 per hour
36.25 hours per week
Proposed Interview Date: TBA
For further information, contact Rebecca Baird – 07812 969107