- Cunninghame House, Friars Croft, Irvine, KA12 8EE
- £23,878.89 - £24,627.96 per year
- Contract Type:
- Fixed Term
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
- Work From Home:
Temporary for 23 months
During Covid-19, we are taking the opportunity to work in different ways and this includes how we continue to undertake our interviews. We are using Microsoft Teams to progress with interviews virtually and all you need is a device with a camera and access to the internet. We will provide guidance and instructions on how to use this method if your interview is being held virtually.
IT services are recruiting a Customer Solutions Technician Level 1. Customer Solutions is based around the idea of putting our customers at the centre of everything we do. As the first line of contact for our customers, you will establish relationships with customers, resolve technical issues and above all, provide an amazing customer experience! If you enjoy working with people and have a passion for technology, this is the role for you! You will have a technical ability with endpoint devices and corporate applications, eager to learn new technical skills that will embed you into our complete customer journey.
What you'll be doing:
• Find and deliver solutions to common problems relating to customer technology products, including creative problem solving as part of our customer journey
• Enter and maintain detailed and accurate customer notes via the ITSM system
• Perform repair diagnostics – on cell phones, devices, electronics, and other technologies
• Be a part of creating and piloting new programmes
• Experience in a customer service setting, technical support, and/or consumer electronics
• Knowledge of support processes and devices (laptops, cell phones, tablets, etc.)
• Strong Transcription & web navigation skills while providing quality phone support
• Flexible thinker capable of grasping new technology, processes and procedures quickly
• Adaptable to change
For more details see the attached Role Profile below.
Before you apply, find out a little bit about us and why we are a Great Place to Work.
Staff Values and Behaviours
North Ayrshire Council uses behavioural based approach throughout the recruitment process. Our staff values of Focus, Passion & Inspiration will be explored for this vacancy.
Further information on our Staff Values how to complete behaviour based application form questions is available on the Council’s website.
For your information if this post requires references you will be notified of further details if you are successful in gaining an interview. Not providing relevant references when requested may delay the outcome of the interview process.
Preferred candidates will be required to undergo a Basic Disclosure check, prior to a formal offer of employment being made by North Ayrshire Council. Please note: Successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the Basic Disclosure Check of £25 which will be deducted from your wages following the commencement of employment. For further information on the Disclosure Scheme please visit https://www.mygov.scot/organisations/disclosure-scotland/. For further details on North Ayrshire Council’s policy please visit http://www.north-ayrshire.gov.uk/resident/jobs-and-training/pre-employment-checks.aspx.
As an employer of choice, North Ayrshire Council has identified four different Workstyles. Each post in the council has been allocated one of these styles:
Agile – 100% of time spent working agile (flexibly) and interacting with others. Able to work at home, office or multiple locations. May be required to attend office on set days/rota basis as the role requires.
This post has been allocated the workstyle: Agile
More information on our workstyles can be found in our HR Guide: Workstyles. If you have any questions on the allocated Workstyle for this post, please ask at interview.