- Carpenter House, Carpenter Street, Perth, PH1 5GB
- £33,336 - £37,015 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36 hours per week
IT Engineer PKC08088
£33,336 - £37,015
Carpenter House, Carpenter Street, Perth PH1 5GB
We are an ambitious Council, committed to modernising our services and enhancing the lives of citizens within our communities.
We are recruiting IT Engineers to work on the Council's Online Services programme, a key part of our drive to transform customer services through the use of digital technology. In this role, IT Engineers are responsible for all aspects of the development lifecycle of new online solutions, including initial requirements gathering, software development, testing and release management. Support and enhancement of existing online solutions is also the responsibility of the IT Engineers. The primary technologies involved are the Granicus (Firmstep) customer service platform and SQL Server.
We are seeking an individual with excellent technical, analysis, communication and time management skills, who is capable of hitting the ground running and quickly become a productive member of the team.
You will have a creative, positive attitude to change; excellent technical and analytical skills; and an informed, professional approach.
You will be educated to HND level in an appropriate discipline or have significant experience in a relevant professional environment.
You must be able to communicate fluently orally and in writing and should be able to evidence good organisational and facilitation skills.
You must demonstrate an understanding, knowledge and experience of some of the following technical areas:
• Software/ web development using low code platform and/or programming environment
• Enterprise database technologies, specifically Structured Query Language
• Enterprise business applications
Experience of some of the following is highly desirable:
• Contribute successfully in a customer facing team environment
• Participating in multi-disciplinary groups
• Collaborative approaches to design, development, testing and release
• Analytical approaches to information capture, management and presentation
• Requirements gathering and prioritisation techniques, for example user stories and MoSCoW
• Business process mapping and re-engineering techniques
• Workshop facilitation
• Solution testing techniques
• Writing for business
• Engaging effectively with managers and colleagues at all organizational levels
• ITIL, Microsoft, PRINCE2, Agile or other professional ICT certification
• Microsoft Power BI
• Object oriented programming language, XML and JSON
For further details contact: Tina Ho, IT Coordinator (Online Services) Email firstname.lastname@example.org
When completing your application for this post, please ensure you provide current contact details (including e-mail addresses) for two referees, one should be your present or most recent employer. However, if you are an existing employee of Perth & Kinross Council, you are only required to provide reference details for your current employer.
Please APPLY ONLINE. Facilities are available at all public libraries in Perth and Kinross. If you have a disability and require reasonable adjustments, please call 01738 475555 to discuss.
As part of our safer recruitment measures, Perth & Kinross Council carries out rigorous checks on the right to work in the UK, qualifications, employment history, including references and fitness to undertake the post.
Some jobs may have been traditionally carried out predominately by one gender, but we would encourage you to apply if you meet the requirements, irrespective of your gender.
A healthy work life balance is important to Perth & Kinross Council and we provide supportive management and flexible working arrangements to help you achieve a healthy work life balance. You will have access to training and support for continued professional development.
Perth & Kinross Council welcomes applications from former armed forces personnel/reservists. Many of the skills picked up during your military career could be transferred directly into a role with local government.
Find out more about working for Perth & Kinross Council and living in one of the most scenic areas of Scotland here.