- 2 High Street, Perth, PH1 5PH
- £19,127 - £20,553 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36 hours per week
This position has expired.
Management Assistant (2 posts) (PKC07759)
£19,127 - £20,553
2 High Street, Perth
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Management Assistant working within Business Services to provide a comprehensive, professional and high level of business support to the Service Manager (Primary) and Quality Improvement Officers within the School Improvement Team.
We are looking for a focused individual who has experience in an administrative role. Excellent diary management is essential to be effective in the role, as is the ability to provide full and extensive minute taking to a high standard. You should have excellent organisational and prioritisation skills as this is a busy and demanding role with often conflicting priorities.
Although this post is based at 2 High Street, Perth, the team are currently working from home and on MS Teams.
Ideally you will have:
- The ability to forward plan and manage your own workload.
- The ability to co-ordinate and manage senior officer’s diaries to plan school visits and internal/external meetings.
- The ability to evaluate the significance and urgency of information received and take appropriate action.
- The ability to deal sensitively with highly confidential information.
- The ability to work accurately under pressure and within tight timescales.
- Excellent communication skills and be able to deal effectively with internal and external customers.
- Experience of extensive minute taking to a high standard.
• Excellent IT skills with a good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office 365 suite of packages
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Management Assistant to work as part of the Operational Team within Business Services to support schools, parents and young people across Perth & Kinross. The postholder will be a highly organised individual who is required to work to strict deadlines in order to fulfil the statutory functions across the many areas of work this team undertakes. The varying range of tasks include approving and processing free school meals and clothing grant applications and assisting with the processing of placing requests.
Ideally you will have:
- You will have excellent organisational skills with the ability to forward plan and manage your own workload.
- Ensure accuracy and attention to detail in all areas of responsibility.
- You will have excellent communication skills and be able to deal effectively with internal and external customers in all areas of work; demonstrating good working relationships and the ability to respond to enquiries and requests for information which often require detailed explanation.
- The ability to deal sensitively with confidential information.
- Ability to apply relevant guidance/policy and procedures in relation to administering statutory functions.
- Excellent IT and digital skills are essential to operate relevant systems: SEEMiS, MyPKC Dashboard, EVOLVE, GIS and Integra.
• Experience of using Microsoft Office 365, particularly Access and Excel
If you would like any more information regarding this vacancy, please contact Gill Innes, Team Leader via email - firstname.lastname@example.org
When completing your application for this post, please ensure that you provide contact details (including e-mail addresses) for two referees. One should be your current or most recent employer.
Please APPLY ONLINE. Facilities are available at all public libraries in Perth and Kinross. If you have a disability and require reasonable adjustments, please call 01738 475555 to discuss.
As part of our safer recruitment measures, Perth & Kinross Council carries out rigorous checks on the right to work in the UK, qualifications, employment history, including references, and fitness to undertake the post.
A healthy work life balance is important to Perth & Kinross Council and we provide supportive management and flexible working arrangements to help you achieve a healthy work life balance. You will have access to training and support for continued professional development.
Some jobs may have been traditionally carried out predominately by one gender, but we would encourage you to apply if you meet the requirements, irrespective of your gender.
Perth & Kinross Council welcomes applications from former armed forces personnel/reservists. Many of the skills picked up during your military career could be transferred directly into a role with local government.
Find out more about working for Perth & Kinross Council and living in one of the most scenic areas of Scotland here.