- Colonsay Resource Centre, 37 Colonsay Street, Perth, PH1 3TU
- £19,952 - £21,379 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36 hours per week
- Work From Home:
This position has expired.
Management Assistant - PKC08275
£19,952 - £21,379
Colonsay Resource Centre & Strathmoor, Perth
The following information is important additional information supplementing the attached Job Profile.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic individual to provide administrative support for social work and social care staff who are based in Strathmoor, Harley Place, Perth. The Management Assistant will be predominantly based in Colonsay Resource Centre but will be required to provide support to teams in Strathmoor.
In light of the pandemic, a hybrid working arrangement is in place i.e. part time in the office on a rota basis and working at home (package of support will be put in place i.e. laptop, ancillary items, including DSE compliance to support home working).
We are seeking a highly organised, self-motivated and pro-active Management Assistant with a friendly and approachable manner.
The type of core skills we are also looking from you are, for example:
- Knowledge and experience of working with MS Office (Office 365)
- Coordinating and organising meetings for parents to see their children (contact arrangements) through outlook diary management system; room bookings etc.
- Excellent typing/word processing skills (including formatting reports which can contain detailed information relating to young people and their family circumstance)
- Working on databases i.e. Swift/CCM social work practitioner system (desirable as training can be provided)
- Financial reconciliation on petty cash, for example
- Placing orders through the Council’s PECOS system and process invoices for payment (desirable as training can be provided)
- Upload filing onto the social work system (Electronic Social Care Record) (desirable as training can be provided)
- Ability to evaluate significance and urgency of information received and take appropriate action
- Equipped to deal sensitively with highly confidential information, of a potentially distressing and emotionally disturbing nature
- Ability to deal with parents, managers, external partners and other professionals effectively
- Excellent Customer Service Skills and equipped to deal with exposure to extremely difficult people.
You will be motivated, curious, flexible and dedicated to delivering an excellent business administrative support service. You will be someone who is keen to learn and develop your skills and knowledge.
If you would like any more information regarding this vacancy, please contact Margaret Steel, Business & Management Team Leader at MSteel@pkc.gov.uk
When completing your application for this post, please ensure that you provide contact details (including e-mail addresses) for two referees. One should be your current or most recent employer.
Please APPLY ONLINE. Facilities are available at all public libraries in Perth and Kinross. If you have a disability and require reasonable adjustments, please call 01738 475555 to discuss.
As part of our safer recruitment measures, Perth & Kinross Council carries out rigorous checks on the right to work in the UK, qualifications, employment history, including references, and fitness to undertake the post.
A healthy work life balance is important to Perth & Kinross Council and we provide supportive management and flexible working arrangements to help you achieve a healthy work life balance. You will have access to training and support for continued professional development.
Some jobs may have been traditionally carried out predominately by one gender, but we would encourage you to apply if you meet the requirements, irrespective of your gender.
Perth & Kinross Council welcomes applications from former armed forces personnel/reservists. Many of the skills picked up during your military career could be transferred directly into a role with local government.
Find out more about working for Perth & Kinross Council and living in one of the most scenic areas of Scotland here.