- Pullar House, 35 Kinnoull Street, Perth, PH1 5GD
- £17,393 - £19,285 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 30 hours per week
This position has expired.
Reablement Assistants - PKC07963
£17,393 - £19,285 (30 Hours/week)
Various Locations in the Perth & Kinross Area
Would you like to work in a role where you are making a real difference to people’s lives within our communities? Are you caring, compassionate and looking to work in an environment which encourages you to develop your skills and experience in health and social care?
Click here to here what our staff and service users think;
This is an exciting time to join the Home Assessment Recovery Team (HART) within the Perth & Kinross Health and Social Care Partnership. The Team provides personal care and support to people who, because of illness or disability, require intensive support to remain in their own homes or return home from hospital.
These fulfilling opportunities have a key focus on reablement so people can maintain or return to their previous level of independence. HART has a really positive work rota offering a blend of early, late and double shifts over four days to give you a better work/life balance. We have a number of vacancies available and we would be really happy to discuss this opportunity further with you.
With the geographical area that HART covers a driving licence and use of a car is desirable.
Experience in social care field and SVQ 2 in Health & Social care (Adults) would be preferred but is not essential.
- Experience of caring for vulnerable people in the community or within the Social Care field;
- Understanding the needs of people who are vulnerable or at risk;
- Effective and Efficient communication skills;
- SVQ 2 in Health & Social Care (Adults) or willing to work towards;
- Ability to work within a team and on own initiative;
- Good team player;
- To build good working relationships with Health professionals and members of the Adult care team;
- Must be willing to work to a planned rolling rota and show flexibility;
- A driving licence and use of a car for work is desirable for this post.
The post holder will be responsible for: -
- following a planned schedule of service user visits;
- support service users with personal care tasks to enable the person to reach their optimum level of independence;
- protect individuals from risk or abuse and to report any concerns to the HART Coordinator;
- ensure Health & Safety for yourself and service users' in line with PKC policy and procedures;
- participate in risk assessments;
- maintain accurate records and report on service users' progress;
- comply with the National Care Standards and SSSC Codes of Practice.
We are looking for someone with drive, enthusiasm and flexibility to be part of the HART Team. The ideal candidate should be able to work well on their own initiative, have effective and efficient communication skills and be willing to participate in any training relevant to role of Reablement Assistant.
If this sounds like a role where you could share your relevant experience and make a positive difference then we would like to hear from you.
If you would like any further information please contact Jenny Hughes on 01738 475626.
When completing your application for this post, please ensure you provide current contact details (including e-mail addresses) for two referees, one should be your present or most recent employer. However, if you are an existing employee of Perth & Kinross Council, you are only required to provide reference details for your current employer.
Please APPLY ONLINE. Facilities are available at all public libraries in Perth and Kinross. If you have a disability and require reasonable adjustments, please call 01738 475555 to discuss.
As part of our safer recruitment measures, Perth & Kinross Council carries out rigorous checks on the right to work in the UK, qualifications, employment history, including references, and fitness to undertake the post.
Some jobs may have been traditionally carried out predominately by one gender, but we would encourage you to apply if you meet the requirements, irrespective of your gender.
A healthy work life balance is important to Perth & Kinross Council and we provide supportive management and flexible working arrangements to help you achieve a healthy work life balance. You will have access to training and support for continued professional development.
Perth & Kinross Council welcomes applications from former armed forces personnel/reservists. Many of the skills picked up during your military career could be transferred directly into a role with local government.
Find out more about working for Perth & Kinross Council and living in one of the most scenic areas of Scotland here.