- Pullar House, 35 Kinnoull Street, Perth, PH1 5GD
- £19,127 - £20,553 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36 hours per week
This position has expired.
Support Assistant - PKC07763
£19,127 - £20,553
Pullar House, Perth
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Support Assistant within the Communities Directorate Support Team (DST) to provide comprehensive and high quality administration support to the Senior Management Team.
The Successful candidate will have the opportunity to work alongside the staff and management teams, whilst being supported to manage and coordinate their own workload in a busy, vibrant and forward thinking Service.
This role is currently undertaken from a home environment. Initial training will be virtual/online with a small element of face to face contact. In time it is expected that this role will be undertaken using a hybrid of home working and office based.
We are looking for an agile worker who is flexible, organised, enthusiastic, and confident Support Assistant to provide support to the Senior Management Team. Alongside this, the successful candidate will carry out extensive and accurate minute taking, diary management and general administration duties. You will be someone who is keen to learn and develop your skills and knowledge
We require a highly self-motivated individual with excellent IT skills to join the team. You must have great communication and organisational skills and have the ability to deal with confidential information appropriately under GDPR. You must be able to work under pressure to manage conflicting demands, sometimes within tight timescales. The ability to work independently and as part of a team is also necessary.
The type of core skills we are looking from you are, for example:
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate to a range of different audiences
- Excellent Customer Service Skills and equipped to deal with exposure to extremely difficult people.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of working with MS Office (Office 365)
- Excellent typing/word processing skills (including detailed minute taking, formatting reports which can contain detailed information relating to sensitive and confidential subjects)
- Attend meetings (currently virtual) and take detailed minutes and action points, thereafter, process any necessary actions by communicating these to officers concerned
- Ability to evaluate significance and urgency of information received and take appropriate action
You must be to communicate and work with colleagues in the team seamlessly.
The DST is managed by Louise McNaughton, Support Officer/PA to the Exec Director.
If you would like any more information regarding this vacancy, please contact Louise McNaughton, Support Officer on 01738 476416 or at LMMcNaughton@pkc.gov.uk .
When completing your application for this post, please ensure you provide contact details (including e-mail addresses) for two referees. One should be your current or most recent employer.
Please APPLY ONLINE. Facilities are available at all public libraries in Perth and Kinross. If you have a disability and require reasonable adjustments, please call 01738 475555 to discuss.
As part of our safer recruitment measures, Perth & Kinross Council carries out rigorous checks on the right to work in the UK, qualifications, employment history, including references, and fitness to undertake the post.
Some jobs may have been traditionally carried out predominately by one gender, but we would encourage you to apply if you meet the requirements, irrespective of your gender.
Perth & Kinross Council welcomes applications from former armed forces personnel/reservists. Many of the skills picked up during your military career could be transferred directly into a role with local government.
Find out more about working for Perth & Kinross Council and living in one of the most scenic areas of Scotland here.