- Perth Academy, Murray Place, Perth, PH1 1NJ
- £27,498 - £41,412 per year
- Contract Type:
- Fixed Term
- Position Type:
- Term Time Full Time
- 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
Teacher of English (Fixed Term until 22 December 2021) - PKC07914
£27,498 - £41,412
You have the opportunity to join a thriving English department. All levels, up to and including Advanced Higher, are taught in the department.
Subject to the policies of the school and the education authority the duties of teachers, promoted and unpromoted, are to perform such tasks as the Head Teacher shall direct having reasonable regard to overall teacher workload related to the following categories:
- Teaching assigned classes together with associated preparation and correction.
- Developing the school curriculum.
- Assisting, recording and reporting on the work of pupils.
- Preparing pupils for examinations and assisting with their administration.
- Providing advice and guidance to pupils on issues related to their education.
- Promoting and safeguarding the health, welfare and safety of pupils.
- Working in partnership with parents, support staff and other professionals.
- Undertaking appropriate and agreed continuing professional development.
- Participating in issues related to school planning, raising achievement and individual review.
- Contributing towards good order and the wider needs of the school.
For further information on this post, please contact the Eleanor Paul, Head Teacher, on 01738 458000.
When completing your application for this post, please ensure that you provide contact details for two referees, including email addresses. One should be your current or most recent employer. If you are already employed as a teacher with Perth & Kinross Council, you are only required to provide 1 reference, which must be from your current Head Teacher.
Please APPLY ONLINE. Facilities are available at all public libraries in Perth and Kinross. If you have a disability and require reasonable adjustments, please call 01738 475555 to discuss.
As part of our safer recruitment measures, Perth & Kinross Council carries out rigorous checks on the right to work in the UK, qualifications, employment history, including references, and fitness to undertake the post.
A healthy work life balance is important to Perth & Kinross Council and we provide supportive management and flexible working arrangements to help you achieve a healthy work life balance. You will have access to training and support for continued professional development.
Some jobs may have been traditionally carried out predominately by one gender, but we would encourage you to apply if you meet the requirements, irrespective of your gender.
Perth & Kinross Council welcomes applications from former armed forces personnel/reservists. Many of the skills picked up during your military career could be transferred directly into a role with local government.
Find out more about working for Perth & Kinross Council and living in one of the most scenic areas of Scotland here.