- Hq - Main Building, Council Headquarters, Newtown St.Boswells, Melrose, Roxburghshire, TD6 0SA
- £36,300.67 - £39,275.42 per year pro rata
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
- Work From Home:
The job application process is currently not available, due to problems communicating with the Lumesse server.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Strategic Commissioning & Partnerships team. We are looking to recruit a full-time Learning & Development Officer to support the training and development needs of our SBCares workforce to ensure they are best equipped to deliver high-quality, person-centred care to all Service Users.
We are looking for someone who has a keen understanding of the services we provide and is passionate and committed to ensuring our workforce receive the right learning & development opportunities to support them in their role.
You will review, evaluate, develop and improve existing training materials whilst working closely with Service Managers and the Organisation Development team to identify and support the future skills and needs of SBCares staff.
Job Title: Learning & Development Officer
Hours: 35 hours per week.
Salary: £36,300.67 - £39,275.42 per annum pro rata.*
£19.89 - £21.52 per hour
Qualifications: Social Care SVQ Level 4 or above or equivalent Health Care qualification with comparable qualifications/experience in relevant field.
- Managing the planning, design, delivery and evaluation of SBCares learning, training and development programme.
- Supporting organisational development and learning activities with particular emphasis on person-centred and outcome-focussed care.
- Designing training solutions for specific activities as requested by Service Managers. Reviewing and evaluating existing training materials to improve the quality of the learning experience.
- Working closely with Service Managers and the Organisational Development Team to identify and support the future skills and training needs of SBCares staff.
- Developing a robust evaluation process across all training programmes to review, monitor and analyse the training data. Use this data to improve the quality and performance of the delivery, whilst ensuring the latest professional standards, policy and local agreements are incorporated into the delivery of training.
A full list of the role and responsibilities can be found in the attached recruitment profile.
*Please note successful applicants will be placed on the first point of the salary scale unless they meet certain criteria.
Important: Interview dates for this post will be held week commencing 06/06/2022.
For any informal enquiries please contact Julie Glen (Julie.Glen@scotborders.gov.uk).
Scottish Borders Council is committed to improving the diversity of its workforce to better reflect the communities we serve. We welcome applications from all minority groups and individuals who identify with one or more of the protected characteristics as defined by the Equality Act 2010. In particular from candidates who assess themselves as having a disability, under the Disability Confident Employer scheme this guarantees an interview to those individuals who meet the essential criteria of the post. All appointments will be made on merit.