- Location: Solarhus, 3 North Ness Business Park, Lerwick, Shetland, ZE1 0LZ
- Salary: £23,934.84 - £35,055.45 per year
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
The Adult Learning & Development Officer will be responsible, through the Team Leader – Community Development, for organising and developing adult learning programmes throughout Shetland, with a focus on improving life chances for people of all ages, through learning, personal development and active citizenship.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is G/H/I/J
- Salary shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £2,157 per annum (pro rata)
- This post is career graded - your salary and career progression will depend on your experience and qualifications
- Permanent Full Time post for 37.0 Hours per Week, 52.18 weeks per year
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- You must have the ability to travel throughout Shetland at short notice and where public transport is limited
- We are happy to talk flexible working
- For internal applicants - this post would be suitable for secondment, with the approval of your current line manager
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Solarhus, 3 North Ness, Lerwick
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Vaila Simpson, Executive Manager on 01595 744375 or email Vaila.Simpson@shetland.gov.uk
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.