- Location: Grantfield, Lerwick, ZE1 0NT
- Salary: £30,112.96 - £31,348.58 per year
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
This position has expired.
The purpose of the job is to assist in provision of a professional social work service as part of an operational team, based in Adult Social Work.
In accordance with the Scottish Social Services Council; all Social Work Services Workers must adhere to the following Codes of Practice:
• Protect the rights and promote the interests of service users and carers;
• Strive to establish and maintain the trust and confidence of service users and carers;
• Promote the independence of service users while protecting them as far as possible from danger or harm;
• Respect the rights of service users while seeking to ensure that their behaviour does not harm themselves or other people;
• Uphold public trust and confidence in social work services; and
• Be accountable for their practice and take responsibility for maintaining and improving their knowledge and skills.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is I
- Salary shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £2,157 per annum
- Permanent Full Time post for 37.0 Hours per Week, 52.18 weeks per year
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- You must have the ability to travel throughout Shetland at short notice and where public transport is limited
- We are happy to talk flexible working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Grantfield, Lerwick.
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Ruth MacMillan, Senior Social Worker on 01595 744400 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.