- Location: 8 North Ness, Lerwick, ZE1 0LZ
- Salary: £26,657.08 - £42,585.02 per year
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
The Building Standards Surveyor is responsible, through the Building Standards Manager, for contributing to the delivery of the building standards service to the Council and the people of Shetland in accordance with the Building (Scotland) Act and the Building Standards (Scotland) Regulations.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
A relocation package does apply to this post
We will pay interview expenses from within the UK
Please follow the link below for further information -
- The grade of this post is H/I/J/K/L
- Salary shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £2,157 per annum
- This post is career graded - your salary and career progression will depend on your experience and qualifications
- Permanent Full Time post for 37.0 Hours per Week hours per week, 52.18 weeks per year
- You must have the ability to travel throughout Shetland at short notice and where public transport is limited
- We are happy to talk flexible working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at 8 North Ness Business Park, Lerwick, Shetland
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Aaron Kerr, Team Leader, Tel - 01595 744824 , Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.