Chief Executive - Shetland Islands CouncilFavourite
|Closes:||Sunday, 14th January 2018|
|Published:||Wednesday, 13th December 2017|
|Location:||Town Hall, Hillhead, Lerwick|
|Salary:||£104,602 per year|
|Hours:||37.00 hours per week|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Organisation:||Shetland Islands Council|
|Category:||Managerial / Executive|
Island life demands an inventive and adaptable outlook – a readiness to embrace change and the creativity to make the very best use of the resources at your disposal. We will look to our new Chief Executive to champion these characteristics in leading the Council through a period of change, to create sustainable models of service delivery for our community, and to embed our values in all that we do.You’ll bring a commitment to delivering excellent service to our customers, taking personal responsibility for outcomes and working well with others to draw on shared expertise and deliver on shared goals. And in the Shetland Islands you’ll discover a close-knit and welcoming community, with a true sense of collective identity and endeavour. It’s a place where you can get close to outcomes and make a real difference to people’s lives.
Visit http://shetlandcx.co.uk/ to find out more or contact Evelyn Dougherty at solace in Business for an informal discussion on 020 7976 3311. Closing date: 14 January 2018.
- Salary shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £2,048 per annum
- Permanent Full Time post for 37.0 Hours per Week hours per week, 52.18 weeks per year
- Preferred candidates will be required undertake an Basic Disclosure check prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- Politically Restricted Post - this post is designated under the terms of the Local Democracy, Economic Development and Construction Act 2009, and the postholder is restricted as to the undertaking of political activity
- The successful candidate will be subject to satisfactory Pre-Employment Medical screening with our Occupational Health provider.
- A relocation package does apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within the UK
- Not suitable for Job Share
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Lerwick, Shetland
How to apply
Please ensure that you have read the material on http://shetlandcx.co.uk/ carefully before making your application by downloading and completing the application form, available at the bottom of this advert. It should be returned by email to Sharon.firstname.lastname@example.org no later than noon, Sunday 14 January 2018. Please quote reference: 8739.
Alternatively you can print and send a hard copy application to:
Solace in Business, Off Southgate
Pontefract, West Yorkshire
Shetland Islands Council operates the Disability Confident Employer Scheme. Please clearly state in your application whether you wish your application to be considered under the Scheme.
See also:Values Statement.pdf
Employee Benefits Dec 2017.pdf
Chief Executive A02416.pdf
Conditions of Service - Chief Executive December 2017.pdf
Relocation Policy (Updated Mar 2016).pdf
Application Form ELECTRONIC - April 2017.doc