Cleaner in Charge - Baltasound Junior High SchoolFavourite
|Closes:||Thursday, 22nd February 2018|
|Published:||Friday, 9th February 2018|
|Location:||Baltasound Junior High School, Unst, Shetland|
|Rate:||£9.56 - £9.95 per hour|
|Hours:||12.50 hours per week|
|Position Type:||Term Time Part Time|
|Organisation:||Shetland Islands Council|
|Category:||Cleaning and Caretaking|
Under the direction of the Head of the establishment, or such other officer designated by the local authority, and in accordance with the practices and procedures of the local authority, the Cleaner in Charge will be responsible for maintaining the stock of approved cleaning materials, reporting faulty equipment and completing any administrative processes required for the post such as the completion of timesheets, inventories and safety checks. Assisting with the induction and on the ‘job training’ of new and relief staff as required. Good interpersonal and communication skill are essential. The post holder must be able to use their own initiative particularly with regards to delegation of cleaning duties, contacting relief staff and dealing with routine work related issues as they arise.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is D
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.0846 per hour
- Employees on the first point of grade D will be paid a Scottish Living Wage supplement of £0.03 per hour. The hourly rate will therefore be £9.59 per hour.
- Permanent Term Time Part Time post for 12.5 Hours per Week hours per week, 39 weeks per year plus 6.04 weeks (pro rata) paid holiday to be taken during school holidays
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- Not suitable for Job Share
- Not suitable for Remote Working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Baltasound Junior High School, Unst
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Victor Nicoara, Cleaning Supervisor, on 01595 744132 or email email@example.com
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.
See also:Conditions of Service - Local Government Employees - Mar 2017.pdf
Employee Benefits Dec 2017.pdf
Cleaner in Charge - Grade D.pdf