- Port Administration Building, Sella Ness, Shetland, ZE2 9QR
- £12.32 - £12.63 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 30 hours per week
The Clerical Assistant is responsible through the Team Leader - Engineering and Operations Support to provide clerical support to Marine and Air Operations.
The Clerical Assistant will provide administrative and clerical duties to assist all staff within Marine and Air Operations.
Specific tasks of the Clerical Assistant include:
- To be the first point of contact for queries and complaints from the public, SIC Members and other SIC departments. Decide how to deal with the issue and contact appropriate member of staff to resolve it;
- To organise and maintain the Marine and Air filing and documentation system;
- To receive incoming and internal mail and distribute accordingly; collate and issue outgoing mail and send to the vessels, as appropriate;
- To arrange cost effective business travel and accommodation for Marine and Air Operations staff who are attending meetings and moving ships to and from dock on the UK mainland;
- To take minutes at meetings, as required, arrange meetings and issue meeting papers as required;
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is F
- Salary shown in the advert is based on 37 hours per week and is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £2,397 per annum (pro rata)
- Permanent Part Time post for 30.0 Hours per Week , 52.18 weeks per year
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- We are happy to talk flexible working
During the application process you are required to give the names of one persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at The Port Administration Building, Sella Ness, Shetland
For further details relating to this post, please contact:
Sheena Summers, Team Leader - 01595 744208 - firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.