- Location: Shetland (see advert), ZE1 000
- Rate: £11.06 - £12.11 per hour
- Contract Type: Fixed Term
- Position Type: Part Time
- Hours: 20 hours per week
This position has expired.
The Community Housing Support Worker (CHSW) is a member of the Housing Support Section of the Housing Service which is based at 6 North Ness Business Park, Lerwick, however this post will be based at the Recovery Hub and Community Network, Pitt Lane, Lerwick. The CHSW reports directly to the Housing Support Co-ordinator.
The Recovery Hub and Community Network is a newly formed service, that supports anyone who is affected by alcohol or drug use. The Recovery Hub and Community Network works to enable people with complex needs relating to alcohol and/or drugs, to maximise their quality of life, independence and opportunities, by developing and coordinating local support, information, systems and resources.
The CHSW will work alongside partners from substance use services to offer a full range of housing support services to individuals and households assessed as requiring these and/or who have a statutory right to a housing support service. Customers of this service will comprise primarily of people who have problems relating to alcohol and other drugs but may also include:
- Older people, including those with needs associated with dementia;
- Adults who are homeless or are threatened with homelessness;
- Adults with learning disabilities;
- Adults with physical disabilities; and
- Adults with mental ill-health
The CHSW will work within a defined geographical area. Support, guidance and instruction will be provided through a combination of Information and Communications Technology, telephone contact and regular supervision from the Housing Support Co-ordinator. Housing Support will be provided to customers of the service at agreed times through a combination of visits and telephone contact. The service will normally be offered between the hours of 9am and 5pm from Monday to Friday. Housing support outwith these times will be required on a flexible basis, based on the needs of both the Service and the customers of the Service.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is E/F
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.1576 per hour
- This post is career graded - your salary and career progression will depend on your experience and qualifications
- Fixed Term Part Time post for 20.0 Hours per Week, 52.18 weeks per year. Fixed Term contract until 30 October 2022
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- The successful candidate will have to complete registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 12 months of the agreed start date
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- You must have the ability to travel throughout Shetland at short notice and where public transport is limited
- We are happy to talk flexible working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at the Recovery Hub and Community Network, Pitt Lane, Lerwick.
For further details relating to this post, please contact: George Martin, Team Leader on 01595 744371 or e-mail email@example.com
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.