- Location: Solarhus, 3 North Ness Business Park, Lerwick, Shetland, ZE1 0LZ
- Rate: £12.40 - £18.16 per hour
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Part Time
- Hours: 18.5 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
The Community Involvement & Development Officer will be responsible, through the Team Leader – Community Development, for linking strategic planning with what happens at a local community level to support the delivery of improved community planning outcomes, with a focus on building stronger, more resilient, supportive, influential and inclusive communities.
The post holder will work as part of a team, delivering a Community Development service throughout Shetland.
The post is based in Lerwick however outreach work is an essential part of the post and it is expected that the team will work flexibly in various locations throughout Shetland to meet assessed need. There is also a requirement to work out of normal office hours as agreed with the Team Leader – Community Development.
The post holder will be expected to work in close partnership with other agencies, in particular Youth Services. The work will involve working within policy guidelines and with access to regular support from the Team Leader – Community Development, but will involve using initiative and innovative methods of engaging communities.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link below for further information -
- The grade of this post is G/H/I/J
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.1172 per hour
- This post is career graded - your salary and career progression will depend on your experience and qualifications
- 2 x Permanent Part Time posts, both for 18.5 hours per week, 52.18 weeks per year
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- You must have the ability to travel throughout Shetland at short notice and where public transport is limited
- We are happy to talk flexible working
- For internal applicants - this post would be suitable for secondment, with the approval of your current line manager
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
Post 1 - This post is based at Solarhus, 3 North Ness Business Park, Lerwick but the post will be covering the North Mainland area of Shetland.
Post 2 - This post is based at Solarhus, 3 North Ness Business Park, Lerwick but the post will be covering Lerwick, Bressay and the South area of Shetland.
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Vaila Simpson, Executive Manager on 01595 744375 or email Vaila.Simpson@shetland.gov.uk
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.