- Location: Skeld Primary School, Westerskeld, Skeld, Shetland, ZE2 9NL
- Rate: £10.73 - £11.75 per hour
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Term Time Part Time
- Hours: 25 hours per week
This position has expired.
Responsible for all activities in a small kitchen and its surrounds connected with the provision of a catering service.
- Duties will include skilled cooking activities connected with the full range of meals
- Menu planning – incorporating and ensuring that the Nutritional Standards required by the authority are implemented.
- Food preparation and cooking, and the provision of special dietary meals where appropriate, and the provision of meals on wheels if required.
- Operating within pre-set budgets, implementing portion control, purchasing and stock control.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is E/F
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.1172 per hour
- This post is career graded - your salary and career progression will depend on your experience and qualifications
- Permanent Term Time Part Time post for 25.0 Hours per Week, 39.00 weeks per year plus 6.04 weeks (pro rata) paid holiday to be taken during school holidays
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- The successful candidate will be subject to satisfactory Pre-Employment Medical screening with our Occupational Health provider
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Skeld Primary School, Skeld
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Marlene Hunter, Catering Supervisor, tel - 01595 744128, email - firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.