- Gremista, Lerwick, ZE1 0PX
- £23,788.71 - £24,387.22 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
This position has expired.
The Driver predominantly carries out driving for the Roads Service, but also carries out ancillary duties to support the work being carried out by the Roads teams.
Outline of Duties:
- To drive and be responsible for a LGV vehicle requiring, specialist driving skills.
- Completing timesheets and site paperwork.
- Undertaking daily vehicle checks, securing of loads, ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation, completing log books, associated paperwork and training.
- Undertake ancillary duties, whilst not driving, as appropriate to the type of work being undertaken by the teams being supported. Eg. heavy labouring duties, operation of powered tools and equipment
- Ensuring the safety of the workplace and the public.
- Any other duties as appropriate in connection with the delivery if a roads service.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is F
- Salary shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £2,397 per annum
- Permanent Full Time post for 37.0 Hours per Week , 52.18 weeks per year
- Duties will mostly be driving LGV's but some manual labouring will be required.
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- We are happy to talk flexible working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Gremista, Lerwick, Shetland.
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Barrie Scobie, Team Leader, Telephone 01595 744134 or email email@example.com
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.
Information about Shetland
Shetland is an archipelago in the north of the British Isles where you'll find freedom, wildlife and wild beauty, but also a rich culture and dynamic, forward-looking society. The Islands have a thriving and diverse economy full of opportunities and offer residents the ideal work/life balance. Shetland combines stunning coastal landscapes and wide open spaces with friendly, bustling island communities. Factor in Shetland's impressive modern amenities, highly regarded schools and the Islands offer a work life balance rarely found elsewhere.
Find out more about:
Living and working in Shetland: here
The Shetland Islands Council: here