Early Years Assistant - Fair Isle Primary SchoolFavourite
|Closes:||Thursday, 29th March 2018|
|Published:||Wednesday, 14th March 2018|
|Location:||Fair Isle Primary School, Fair Isle|
|Rate:||£10.09 - £11.05 per hour|
|Hours:||20.83 hours per week|
|Position Type:||Term Time Part Time|
|Organisation:||Shetland Islands Council|
|Sub-category:||Youth Worker / Childcare Practitioner / Early Year Practitioner|
Fair Isle Primary School
Fair Isle Primary School is a non-denominational school located in Fair Isle. It provides nursery to P7 education for children from Fair Isle. The structure of the school is 1 nursery class and 1 composite primary class. There are currently 3 pupils in the school and 1 pupil in the nursery. The school is managed by a teaching Head Teacher. The current staffing complement is 1 teacher assisted by support staff as required to meet school demands. The current Head Teacher is Mrs Ruth Stout. Further information can be found on the schools website at http://www.fairisle.shetland.sch.uk/ or by phoning 01595 760254.
As part of the pre-school team, the Early Years Assistant will assist in delivering a high quality education and care centred service that meets the needs of young children and their carers.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is E/F
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.0846 per hour
- This post is career graded - your salary and career progression will depend on your experience and qualifications
- Temporary Term Time Part Time post for 20.83 Hours per Week, 40.5 weeks per year plus 6.27 weeks (pro rata) paid holiday to be taken during school holidays - Temporary contract for a period of approximately 11 months.
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- The successful candidate will have to complete registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 6 months of the agreed start date
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- The successful candidate will be subject to satisfactory Pre-Employment Medical screening with our Occupational Health provider.
- Not suitable for Job Share
- Not suitable for Remote Working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Fair Isle Primary School.
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Ruth Stout, Head Teacher - Telephone 01595 760254 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.