- Location: Foula Primary School, Foula, ZE2 9PN
- Salary: £55,092
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
The Head Teacher acts as the leading professional in a school and, as an officer of the local authority. He/she provides appropriate vision, leadership and direction to ensure high standards of education for all the children and young people in their care so that they can become successful learners, confident individuals, responsible citizens and effective contributors. To achieve this, the Head Teacher works with and is accountable to others to ensure that the school is organised and managed to meet its aims and targets, and is a creative, disciplined learning environment. In so doing, the Head Teacher works with a range of others - staff, children and young people, parents, local community members, voluntary organisations, local authority officers and other agencies involved in services for children and young people and their families. Each school will present different challenges reflecting the school's circumstances and the communities it serves.
Foula Primary School is a non-denominational school located in Foula. It provides nursery to P7 education for children from the isle of Foula. The structure of the school is composite primary class. There are currently four children at the school and none in the Nursery. The school is managed by a teaching Head Teacher. The current staffing complement is 1 teacher assisted by support staff as required to meet school demands. Further information can be found on the schools website at http://www.foula.shetland.sch.uk/.
A relocation package does apply to this post
We will pay interview expenses from within the UK
Rented housing is available with this post
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is Depute Head Teacher & Head Teacher 3
- Salary shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £2,157 per annum
- Permanent Full Time post for 35.0 Hours per Week
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- You must be registered with the General Teaching Council for Scotland (GTCS) prior to starting in post
- We are happy to talk flexible working
- FTE of post: 1
- Sector/subject specialism: Primary with pre-School
- Qualification requirement: B.Ed or PGDE
- Class information, age range: Potentially pre-School with P1-P7 Multi-composite class
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Foula Primary School
For further details relating to this post, please contact: James Johnston, Quality Improvement Officer, on 01595 744099 or email email@example.com
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.