- Location: Shetland (see advert), ZE1 000
- Salary: £56,757.00 per year
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
The Head Teacher acts as the leading professional in a school and, as an officer of the local authority. He/she provides appropriate vision, leadership and direction to ensure high standards of education for all the children and young people in their care so that they can become successful learners, confident individuals, responsible citizens and effective contributors. To achieve this, the Head Teacher works with and is accountable to others to ensure that the school is organised and managed to meet its aims and targets, and is a creative, disciplined learning environment. In so doing, the Head Teacher works with a range of others - staff, children and young people, parents, local community members, voluntary organisations, local authority officers and other agencies involved in services for children and young people and their families. Each school will present different challenges reflecting the school's circumstances and the communities it serves.
Happyhansel Primary School is a non-denominational school located in Walls. It provides nursery to P7 education for children from Walls, West Burrafirth and as far east as West Houlland. The structure of the school is 1 nursery class and 2 composite primary classes. There is currently a total of 60 pupils on the roll. The school is managed by a Head Teacher (joint with Sandness). The current staffing complement is 2 teachers assisted by support staff as required to meet school demands.
Sandness Primary School is a non-denominational school located in Sandness. It provides primary education from P1 to P7 for children from Sandness and surrounding areas. The structure of the school is 1 composite primary class. There is currently a total of 18 pupils on the roll. The school is managed by a Head Teacher (joint with Happyhansel). The current staffing complement is 1 teacher assisted by support staff as required to meet school demands.
- A relocation package does apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within the UK
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is Depute Head Teacher & Head Teacher 3
- Salary shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £2,235 per annum
- Permanent Full Time post for 35.0 Hours per Week
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- You must be registered with the General Teaching Council for Scotland (GTCS) prior to starting in post
- You must have the ability to travel throughout Shetland at short notice and where public transport is limited
- FTE of post: 1.0
- Sector/Subject specialism: Primary
- Qualification requirement: B.Ed or PGDE
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Happyhansel Primary School, Walls and Sandness Primary School.
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Robin Calder, Executive Manager on 01595 744745 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.