- Whiteness Primary School, Whiteness, Shetland, ZE2 9LJ
- £10.47 - £11.50 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Term Time Part Time
- 16.5 hours per week
This position has expired.
Under the direction of the Head Teacher, the Learning Support Assistants expected to support the delivery of high quality primary education and learning which effectively meets the needs of children.
Whiteness Primary School is a non-denominational school located in Whiteness. It provides Early Years to P7 education for children from Whiteness and Weisdale and the surrounding area. The structure of the school is an ELC setting offering flexible Early Learning and Childcare for 3-4 year olds for up to 6 hours a day 5 days a week and 4 composite primary classes. There is currently a total of 106 pupils on the roll. The school is managed by a Head Teacher. The current staffing complement is 4 teachers assisted by support staff as required to meet school demands. The current Head Teacher is Mrs Rachel Colclough.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is D/E
- This post is not career graded
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.1576
- Employees on the first point of grade D will be paid a Scottish Living Wage supplement of £0.27 per hour. The hourly rate will therefore be £10.74 per hour.
- Temporary Term Time Part Time post for 16.5 Hours per Week , 39 weeks per year plus 6.04 weeks paid holiday to be taken during school holidays
- Temporary post for a period of approximately 12 months. This is for the duration of a period of family leave, and will terminate following the return to work or resignation of the postholder
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- We are happy to talk flexible working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Whiteness Primary School, Whiteness, Shetland.
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Rachel Colclough, Head Teacher, on 01595 745380, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.