- Anderson High School, North Loch Drive, Lerwick, ZE1 0GR
- £11.66 - £13.31 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Term Time Part Time
- 24 hours per week
This position has expired.
To assist in the management and education of children and young people with additional support needs (ASN).
Anderson High School is a six year school, serving Lerwick and the surrounding areas, with our associated primary schools of Bells Brae, Hamnavoe, Nesting, Scalloway, Sound, Tingwall and Whiteness. In addition, pupils from the small islands of Fair Isle, Foula and Fetlar attend the school for up to six years. The school also serves all pupils in Shetland for S5 and S6, except for those attending Brae High School. There are extensive transport arrangements into Lerwick, and Halls of Residence accommodation for those pupils unable to travel each day.
In September 2020, 937 pupils were enrolled at Anderson High School. The Head Teacher is Ms Valerie Nicolson
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information –
- The grade of this post is F/G
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.1732 per hour
Please note that this job is not Career Graded. What this means is that a successful candidate would be employed as either a Qualified or Unqualified Learning Support Worker. During the selection process, candidates will be assessed to determine whether they meet the person specification criteria of the qualified or unqualified Learning Support Worker role. This would determine the salary/rate of pay, as well as what duties would be expected of the post holder during their employment. The Job Profile documents at the end of this advertisement describe the qualified and unqualified roles in more detail.
- Temporary Term Time Part Time post for 24.0 Hours per Week , 39 weeks per year plus 6.04 weeks (pro rata) paid holiday to be taken during school holidays. Temporary contract until 14 August 2022.
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- We are happy to talk flexible working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Anderson High School, Lerwick.
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Michelle Grant, Principal Teacher of Support for Learning on 01595 808008 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.