Learning Support Worker - Bell's Brae Primary SchoolFavourite
|Closes:||Wednesday, 27th September 2017|
|Published:||Wednesday, 13th September 2017|
|Location:||Bell's Brae Primary School, Gilbertson Road, Lerwick|
|Rate:||£10.61 - £12.12 per hour|
|Hours:||30.00 hours per week|
|Position Type:||Term Time Part Time|
|Organisation:||Shetland Islands Council|
To assist in the management and education of children and young people with additional support needs (ASN).
A Learning Support Worker may be asked to work with any child or group of children either within a department or within a mainstream class. They may be asked to work alongside and with specific guidance from any teacher within a School. Work around an individual child may be based on an individualised education programme. This programme is followed by all staff working with the child / young person and may involve working with professionals and therapists e.g. Speech Therapist, Occupational Therapist, Physiotherapist, Child Psychologist, etc.
Bell's Brae Primary School is a non-denominational school located in central Lerwick. It consists of a Primary, an Early Learning and Childcare Setting and an ASN department. The school catchment area is from Frakkafield encompassing the majority of Lerwick excluding Sound. There are currently a total 363 pupils on the roll. The school is managed by a Head Teacher (Mrs Jennifer Wadley) and 3 Depute Head Teachers. The current staffing complement is 32 teachers assisted by support staff as required to meet school demands. Further information can be found on the schools website at http://www.bellsbrae.shetland.sch.uk/.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is F/G
- This post is not career graded
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.0608 per hour
- Permanent Term Time Part Time post for 30.0 Hours per Week hours per week, 39.00 weeks per year plus 6.04 weeks (pro rata) paid holiday to be taken during school holidays
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- Not suitable for Job Share
- Not suitable for Remote Working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Bell's Brae Primary School, Lerwick
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Julia McGinlay, Depute Head Teacher, Telephone on 01595 743720 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.
See also:Employee Benefits June 2017.pdf
Learning Support Worker (F).pdf
Learning Support Worker (G).pdf
Conditions of Service - Local Government Employees - Mar 2017.pdf