- Brae High School, Brae, ZE2 9QJ
- £12.78 - £13.30 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Term Time Part Time
- 30 hours per week
This position has expired.
To support the care, welfare and education of children and young people with additional support needs (ASN) in accordance with relevant legislation, policy and guidelines.
A Learning Support Worker may be asked to work with any child or group of children either within a department, within a mainstream class or within an early learning and childcare (ELC) setting. They may be asked to work alongside, or with specific guidance from, any teacher within a school. Work around an individual child may be based on an individualised education programme (IEP). This programme is followed by all staff working with the child/young person and may involve working with other professionals and therapists e.g. Speech and Language Therapist, Occupational Therapist, Physiotherapist, Educational Psychologist, members of the Educational Outreach Service, etc.
Brae High School is a non-denominational school located in Brae. It provides early years, primary and secondary education up to S6 for children from the north mainland of Shetland. The structure of the school is Early Years, P1-P7 which includes composites, and S1-6 classes. There is currently a total of 313 pupils on the roll. The school is managed by a Head Teacher and 2 Depute Head Teachers. The current Head Teacher is Logan Nicolson.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is G
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.1576 per hour
- Temporary Term Time Part Time post for 30.0 Hours per Week , 39 weeks per year plus 6.04 weeks (pro rata) paid holiday to be taken during school holidays
- Temporary contract for a period of approximately 10 months.
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- We are happy to talk flexible working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Brae High School, Brae, Shetland
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Logan Nicolson, Head Teacher on 01595 745601 or email email@example.com
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.