- Location: Shetland College, Gremista, Lerwick, ZE1 0PX
- Salary: £35,735.00 - £43,761.00 per year pro rata
- Contract Type: Temporary
- Position Type: Term Time Part Time
- Hours: 21 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
Part-time Lecturing post within Shetland College UHI, delivering a range of courses in English for Speakers of other Languages (ESOL).
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information –
- The grade of this post is LECT
- Salary shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £2,235 per annum (pro rata)
- Temporary Term Time Part Time post for 21.0 Hours per Week, 40 weeks per year plus 12 weeks (pro rata) paid holiday to be taken during school holidays. This is a temporary contract for approximately 1 year covering a period of family leave and will terminate following the return to work or resignation of the postholder.
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (Children) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- We are happy to discuss flexible working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
Proposed Interview Date: 22/04/2020
This post is based at Shetland College, Gremista
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Andrew Anderson, Senior Lecturer, on 01595 771242 or email email@example.com
• Teaching planned lessons and underpinning knowledge to students assigned to approved courses.
• Initial assessment of student’s level
• Helping students to achieve their awards.
• Planning lessons.
• Developing and updating English for Speakers of Other Languages materials as required.
Applications must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Educated to HNC Level or equivalent
- Ability to teach English language skills to people with differing levels of ability
- Previous experience of ESOL teaching
- Well development interpersonal skills