- Sandwick Junior High School, Sandwick, ZE2 9HH
- £12.02 - £12.17 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 10 hours per week
This position has expired.
The Play Support Worker will assist in the delivery of a quality childcare service that offers children care, play and learning opportunities in a safe and stimulating environment.
The Play Support Worker will support the Play Practitioner in ensuring a safe, hygienic and pleasant environment where mutual trust, respect, confidence and a caring ethos are evident in accordance with current legislation including the Roles and Responsibilities Framework of the Scottish Social Service Council for the Childcare Workforce.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
Sandwick Junior High School is a non-denominational school located in Sandwick. It provides early years, primary and secondary education up to S4 for children from Sandwick and the surrounding area for primary and the whole South Mainland for secondary.
The structure of the school is early years with extended hours, 5 primary classes and secondary 1-4 classes. There is currently a total of 250 pupils on the roll. The school is managed by a Head Teacher and 2 Depute Head Teachers.
For more information about the school you can visit our school glow blog or contact the school office on: 01595 745320
- The grade of this post is E
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.2415 per hour
- Permanent Part Time post for 10.0 Hours per Week, 39 weeks per year plus 6.04 weeks (pro rata) paid holiday to be taken during school holidays
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- The successful candidate will have to complete registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 6 months of the agreed start date
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- We are happy to talk flexible working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Out of School Club, Sandwick Junior High School, Sandwick.
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Lee Smith, Manager/Lead Practitioner - Sandwick Junior High School, 01595 745322 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.
Information about Shetland
Shetland is an archipelago in the north of the British Isles where you'll find freedom, wildlife and wild beauty, but also a rich culture and dynamic, forward-looking society. The Islands have a thriving and diverse economy full of opportunities and offer residents the ideal work/life balance. Shetland combines stunning coastal landscapes and wide open spaces with friendly, bustling island communities. Factor in Shetland's impressive modern amenities, highly regarded schools and the Islands offer a work life balance rarely found elsewhere.
Find out more about:
Living and working in Shetland: here
The Shetland Islands Council: here