- Location: Bell's Brae Primary School, Gilbertson Road, Lerwick, ZE1 0QJ
- Rate: £14.23 - £14.82 per hour
- Contract Type: Temporary
- Position Type: Term Time Part Time
- Hours: 14 hours per week
This position has expired.
Please note the hours per week for this post have been amended to 14.
The purpose of this post is to work effectively as a lead member of an Early Learning and Childcare team to support in the delivery of a high quality, safe and balanced education and care service, which meets the needs of each young child and their families and is in accordance with relevant legislation and guidelines.
Bell's Brae Primary School is a non-denominational school located in central Lerwick. It consists of a Primary, an Early Learning and Childcare Setting and an ASN department. The school catchment area is from Frakkafield encompassing the majority of Lerwick excluding Sound. There is currently a total of 345 pupils on the roll. The school is managed by Mr Melvyn Clark (Acting Head Teacher) and 3 Depute Head Teachers. The current staffing complement is 30 teachers assisted by support staff as required to meet school demands. Further information can be found on the schools website at https://blogs.glowscotland.org.uk/sh/bellsbraeprimary/
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is H
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.1576 per hour
- Temporary Term Time Part Time post for 14.0 Hours per Week , 40.5 weeks per year plus 6.27 weeks (pro rata) paid holiday to be taken during school holidays]
- Temporary contract for a period of approximately 10 months. This is for the duration of a period of family leave, and will terminate following the return to work or resignation of the postholder
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- The successful candidate will have to complete registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 12 months of the agreed start date
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- We are happy to talk flexible working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Bells Brae Primary School, Lerwick
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Frances Tait, Depute Head Teacher, Telephone on 01595 743720 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.