- Location: Happy Hansel Primary School, Walls, Shetland, ZE2 9PG
- Rate: £12 - £13 per hour
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Term Time Part Time
- Hours: 35 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
The purpose of this post is to work effectively as a lead member of an Early Learning and Childcare team to support in the delivery of a high quality, safe and balanced education and care service, which meets the needs of each young child and their families and is in accordance with relevant legislation and guidelines.
Happyhansel Primary School is a non-denominational school located in Walls. It provides nursery to P7 education for children from Walls, West Burrafirth and as far east as West Houlland. The structure of the school is 1 nursery class and 2 composite primary classes. There are currently a total of 60 pupils on the roll. The school is managed by a Head Teacher (joint with Sandness). The current staffing complement is 3 teachers assisted by support staff as required to meet school demands. The current Head Teacher is Mrs Sue King.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is H
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.0846 per hour
- Permanent Term Time Part Time post for 35.0 Hours per Week, 40.5 weeks per year plus 6.27 weeks (pro rata) paid holiday to be taken during school holidays
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- The successful candidate will have to complete registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 6 months of the agreed start date
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- The successful candidate will be subject to satisfactory Pre-Employment Medical screening with our Occupational Health provider
- Not suitable for remote working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Happyhansel Primary School, Walls
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Sue King, Head Teacher, on 01595 807450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.