- Sound Primary School, Sound, Lerwick, ZE1 0LY
- £12.79 - £14.83 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Term Time Part Time
- 21 hours per week
This position has expired.
The purpose of this post is to work effectively as a lead member of an Early Learning and Childcare team to support in the delivery of a high quality, safe and balanced education and care service, which meets the needs of each young child and their families and is in accordance with relevant legislation and guidelines.
Sound Primary School is a non-denominational school located in the Sound area of Lerwick and provides education from nursery to Primary 7. The school structure currently consists of 1 nursery session per day and has 14 primary classes. There are 17 Class Teachers & 1 nursery teacher, 3 Support for Learning Teachers and a variety of Specialist Teachers. Our staffing also includes clerical staff, support staff, supervisors, crossing patrol assistants and a janitor. The school is managed by a Head Teacher and 2 Depute Head Teachers. The Head Teacher is Mrs Ann-Marie Angus. Further information can be found on the schools website at http://www.sound.shetland.sch.uk/school/ or on our school blog at https://blogs.glowscotland.org.uk/sh/website/
This vacancy is being advertised as a Career Graded post, which is a career development opportunity. This means that the Council is committed to supporting the successful candidate to obtain the necessary skills, abilities and knowledge to become fully competent in the role. Please see the Career Grade document attached to this advert that outlines the entry level requirements for the job and the expected career progression route. The successful candidate will be supported to become fully competent in the role and progress through the career grade. Where there is a requirement to achieve a qualification, this will be fully funded by the Council.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is G/H
- This post is career graded - your salary and career progression will depend on your experience and qualifications
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.1732
- Permanent Term Time Part Time post for 21.0 Hours per Week , 40.50 weeks per year plus 6.27 weeks (pro rata) paid holiday to be taken during school holidays
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- The successful candidate will have to complete registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 12 months of the agreed start date
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- We are happy to talk flexible working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Sound Primary School, Lerwick, Shetland.
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Ann-Marie Angus, Head Teacher, on 01595 744982, or Email Ann-Marie.Angus@shetland.gov.uk
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.