- Location: Tingwall Primary School, Tingwall, Shetland, ZE2 9SE
- Rate: £12.78 - £14.82 per hour
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Term Time Part Time
- Hours: 14 hours per week
This position has expired.
The purpose of this post is to work effectively as a lead member of an Early Learning and Childcare team to support in the delivery of a high quality, safe and balanced education and care service, which meets the needs of each young child and their families and is in accordance with relevant legislation and guidelines.
Postholders must apply for and maintain registered status with the registering body as long as the post is held.
Tingwall Primary School is a non-denominational school located in Tingwall. It provides education for pupils from Nursery to P7 (3-12 year olds), for children from Tingwall and the surrounding area. The school has a Nursery and 4 classes. At present there is a total of 107 pupils on the roll. The current staffing complement is 4 Practitioners in the Nursery, 4 full-time teachers (including a teaching Head Teacher) and 1 part-time teacher in the school. They are assisted by support staff as required to meet school demands. The current Head Teacher is Mrs Cheryl Spofforth. Further information can be found on the schools website at https://blogs.glowscotland.org.uk/sh/tingwall567/
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is G/H
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.1576 per hour
- This post is career graded - your salary and career progression will depend on your experience and qualifications
- Permanent Term Time Part Time post for 14.0 Hours per Week , 40.5 weeks per year plus 6.27 weeks (pro rata) paid holiday to be taken during school holidays.
- Working hours would be Monday 8.30am - 4.00pm and Friday 9.00am - 4.30pm
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- The successful candidate will have to complete registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 12 months of the agreed start date
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- We are happy to talk flexible working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Tingwall Primary School
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Cheryl Spofforth, Head Teacher, Telephone on 01595 807244 or email email@example.com
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.